• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Marauder vs FX Streamline (walnut)

I've not had the opportunity to handle and shoot the Streamline, I do own a .25 Marauder. You'll probably get more shots per fill out of the Streamline and it is a couple pounds lighter than the Marauder so if long hikes are part of you hunts you may want to keep weight in mind. You might try a search and see how many shots Streamline owners are getting in .25 caliber, or call AOA and talk to someone there.

I have the Streamline in .25 in Wallnut and I like it a lot. The power wheel is really nice.
I zeroed my scope at 50 yards on high power with JSB 25.39 gr. And when I shoot at
25 yards I just switch to med. power an use the same zero on the scope. I never use
low power but it would come in handy if you wanted to shoot inside a pole bldg. and
dont want to blow holes through the walls. I tuned mine down a bit from factory to 835
fps on high and I get 40 shots, med. is 650 fps and 60 shots before it falls off the reg.
on 25.39 gr. With 19 gr. H&N I get 500 fps on low and 700 fps on med. power. 
It's way lighter than my Mrod's . I'm not real happy with the way the scope sits so high
with the high rings I need to try some med. rings and see if the mag hits the scope or 
not. I found some pellets that don't fit in the mag. Cuz they are to long poly mags dont
fit but you can hand load if you want. 

Mark

I just got a .22 Streamline in synthetic and I love it. I had and sold a gen 1 .22 Marauder in walnut. The Marauder was ok but imo it doesn't compare to the Streamline. So far in med and high power I'm getting 1 hole groups at 40 yards. So I've been mostly shooting in low power with some JSB Exact RS 13.43 gr. Averaging 615 fps right at 11.5 ft pounds. Getting at least 125 consistent shots. Not sure of the exact number. I like the Streamline much more than the Marauder 

I have not shot the Streamline but got to hold it last time I was in Phoenix. Extremely light and very nice to hold. I believe this rifle is a game changer for the budget rifles. It is regulated,has a very good shot, and looks very nice. To buy a stock Marauder rifle, add a regulator, barrel, and some internals you are very close to the price of the Streamline. Although I absolutely love my .22 Marauder, I probably would have passed on the .25 and gone with the Streamline ( came out a month after I bought the .25 Marauder).
That said, It's the Marauder platform that has helped me understand these rifles. They are realtively easy to fix, mags are inexpensive, and there are lots of U-tube help out there. The Marauder is great to "learn on" as far as repairs. Eventually all these rifles will need to be serviced and they can get quite expensive. 
So......... in .22, I might still pick the "mod" Marauder for simplicity and inexpensive mags. However, because of weight and shot count, I would pick the Streamline in .25. Not sure of the price of Streamline mags (have to factor that cost in the purchase)

PS. you should not rule out the .22 Daystate Regal if you want a .22 rifle.

I think the benjamin marauder's days (in .25) are numbered. I tried looking back at prior post of someone's streamline chrony numbers, and he was getting close to 50 shots on high power in .25. Another streamline .25 owner was getting 44 shots (50+ ft-lbs) on high power. Those numbers are very impressive and I don't think the mrod can replicate those numbers, and if you could replicate those numbers, you would spend more then what the streamline cost.

I would agree with ackuric regarding comparing rifles at two very different price points.

I sold my 22 Marauder for a 22 Streamline. Thus far the Streamline has been a good investment. It is lighter, much more accurate, has about double the shot count, I can put a moderator on it easily and bolt/action is easier to manipulate.

For me, these features make it worth the extra money.

Jack

Keep in mind the 25 caliber Streamline is a 250 CC tank... A huma regulated Marauder is 190 CC.... I get 42 regulated 40 FPE shots on my marauder... 250/190 times 42 equals 55.26 shots. Overall efficiency of both guns is about the same, the 25 cal the Streamline just has a larger air tank which needs to be factored in. The guns with the 500 CC tanks get even more shots, but then, the tank is bigger.

I love my .25 Marauders and would buy it again if $500-$600 was my starting budget. After adding an aftermarket valve, regulator, LW hammer, hammer spring, and time. I could of almost bought a synthetic FX streamline. The re-sell with all these modifications is not good either. If willing to spend around $1,100 for the walnut than I would go FX streamline. It's just more refined with great shot count and lighter than the Marauder. 

addertooth,
I think your math is a bit off if you factor in the energy to the shot count. The streamline is getting more shots around 50 ft/lbs wheres as the mrod is getting less shots at less energy. If you turn down the power wheel on the streamline to match the mrod, it looks like you get around 70 shots. I don't have the streamline, but if someone who has one could verify this. If the OP said his budget was around 500.00, then yes the mrod in .25 is a great option but since his budget is within the streamline, then I would opt for the streamline because you will getting a much better value. Yes you could add a reg, the ssg so you don't waste air, get a carbon fiber bottle, new hammer springs, a new valve, get it tuned, and get a different hammer to try to match the streamline but you can't add a power wheel and you would have spent more money then the streamline.

Wyshadow,

To quote you in an earlier post....Another streamline .25 owner was getting 44 shots (50+ ft-lbs) on high power. ....he was getting close to 50 shots on high power in .25. ..... Obviously, we don't know with what extreme spread. I can get 50 shots, if I don't worry about extreme spread. My extreme spread is well under 2 percent at 42 shots. 
​I suspect if I adjusted mine to match the FPE of the streamline, its shot count would be very close to the ratio of 190/250 (tank size difference).

To quote you...but since his budget is within the streamline, well actually I don't know what his budget is... the streamline is around a thousand bucks with the synthetic stock, link: http://www.airgundepot.com/fx-airguns-streamline-synthetic-pcp-air-rifle.html
​The 25 caliber Marauder with the 25% AGNATION (and other discounts) runs about $420, with free shipping if ordered on a Friday.
The price difference is roughly double... I didn't see where Jag159 listed what his dollar limits were. In all fairness, not having to mod an air rifle to get great performance is a great selling point. For a tinkerer like me... well... I currently only have one unmodified air rifle; it won't stay that way long. I realize a lot of people want to buy and shoot.

​And finally, power wheels are really cool, provided you never change them, or you memorize the change in pellet drop/distance for each of the settings. With the TSS in the Marauder I can adjust power as well, but I don't. I zero my scope at a specific power setting and leave it alone. This way I don't have to memorize 3 different shot curves (depending on my power setting). I find the ability to change power is a very sexy selling point, but a feature I would be unlikely to use. Once again, this is a personal taste issue; others would probably use this feature a lot. This is why there are so many really nice airguns on the market. Each brings features which appeal to a segment of the market.