• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin discovery

Just wondering How meany good .22 shots can you get out of a full tank on a Benjamin dicovery . And what distance are they accurate upto. I am debating wether I should buy a pcp or stick to brake open and is it worth buying the dicovery or something else More accurate more effective at a longer range. Nothing over 600 dollars 
thanks tom

"Willie14228"You will get about 25 full power shots it is a good starter PCP,
Since you can get a complete starter kit in your budget with hand pump and everything you need to be shooting. The marauder is the next step up and is still in budget but you will need to add tank scope etc
And is it worth getting the marauder if I have the money. I can really spend more then 600 dollars because I am 14 and can't get a job and my parents don't pay so Ye. How much would it cost to get it set up do u think 

thanks Tom :)

Tom, your in a good place little brother I would keep an eye on the classified section maybe even put up an WTB (want to buy) ad specify your in Australia see if maybe you can find a fairly local AGN member who is looking to thin out the collection, that will save you a lot of money in export fees, and get you a higher quality even if it's used.
Yes the Marauder would be a great little starter PCP if you can get a tank even a little guppy tank.
You most likely will need to get your parents involved in the buying and approval process.
I don't know what the exchange rate is between U.S dollars and A.U Notes but I think you could stay close to your budget. I know there are some fellow Australians on AGN hope they chime in.

Birdshot1423 - before you buy, check local laws. If I remember correctly, you need a permit from the local police for an air rifle. There are differences between the Australian States, so I'm not sure what Victoria's laws are. The last thing anyone wants is to cause a legal hassle.

​A long time ago, I was considering moving to Australia with my employer, and If I remember correctly, air rifles are a Class A firearm (regardless if they are powder burners or air rifles), so please check before investing that kind of money, and risking confiscation. Not worth it.

​Good luck on starting with air rifles. Great hobby.

​Also, you might check out the Crosman Maximus. If the local constabulary is worried about a full power air rifle, the Maximus comes in a 12 ft lb version for Europe. Big advantage is that you'll get up to 70 .177 shots from a tank or around 50 .22 shots (if you can believe the web site.)

​Both are 2,000 lb max fill, so pumping is easier than a Marauder. I assume you'll be pumping and not using a high pressure air bottle to fill your gun. Maximus is around $200 US ($266 AU) with a Hill Pump for $230 US. ($305 AU). So far, the Maximus gets good reviews.

"Saltlake58"Birdshot1423 - before you buy, check local laws. If I remember correctly, you need a permit from the local police for an air rifle. There are differences between the Australian States, so I'm not sure what Victoria's laws are. The last thing anyone wants is to cause a legal hassle.

​A long time ago, I was considering moving to Australia with my employer, and If I remember correctly, air rifles are a Class A firearm (regardless if they are powder burners or air rifles), so please check before investing that kind of money, and risking confiscation. Not worth it.

​Good luck on starting with air rifles. Great hobby.

​Also, you might check out the Crosman Maximus. If the local constabulary is worried about a full power air rifle, the Maximus comes in a 12 ft lb version for Europe. Big advantage is that you'll get up to 70 .177 shots from a tank or around 50 .22 shots (if you can believe the web site.)

​Both are 2,000 lb max fill, so pumping is easier than a Marauder. I assume you'll be pumping and not using a high pressure air bottle to fill your gun. Maximus is around $200 US ($266 AU) with a Hill Pump for $230 US. ($305 AU). So far, the Maximus gets good reviews.

I have my license and I already own a air rifle but would like to move on from brake barrel and buy a .22 in stead of 177

thaks for your help Tom:)

"Willie14228"Tom, your in a good place little brother I would keep an eye on the classified section maybe even put up an WTB (want to buy) ad specify your in Australia see if maybe you can find a fairly local AGN member who is looking to thin out the collection, that will save you a lot of money in export fees, and get you a higher quality even if it's used.
Yes the Marauder would be a great little starter PCP if you can get a tank even a little guppy tank.
You most likely will need to get your parents involved in the buying and approval process.
I don't know what the exchange rate is between U.S dollars and A.U Notes but I think you could stay close to your budget. I know there are some fellow Australians on AGN hope they chime in.

When u say buy a tank for the marader is that the tank for the gun or to fill it. And could you use a air compressor to fill them? Thanks for your help mate Tom:)

Saltlake58, you are correct about requiring a gun licence before you can purchase a firearm. Airrifles fall in category A and every licence holder is required to pay for and obtain a 'Permit to acquire ' from your local states Weapons licensing branch which identifies what you are buying, cal and who from.
I get the impression that in America you guys can purchase whatever airrifle you want after reading some of the posts about all the magnificent airrifles you guys have. I'm jealous.

"Windmill01"Saltlake58, you are correct about requiring a gun licence before you can purchase a firearm. Airrifles fall in category A and every licence holder is required to pay for and obtain a 'Permit to acquire ' from your local states Weapons licensing branch which identifies what you are buying, cal and who from.
I get the impression that in America you guys can purchase whatever airrifle you want after reading some of the posts about all the magnificent airrifles you guys have. I'm jealous.

I am also jealous because of that and because the have a lot more things to shoot. If we had all the stuff they had we would be shooting here their and everywhere but saying that the have a lot of problems with there pest over there eating crops and stuff like that. 

Hate to burst your bubble Tom,but finding a $600 PCP in Australia is going to be like winning the lottery.You will also need to be a licensed shooter-not a junior permit holder to buy any gun in Victoria.
This forum is mostly American,so prices you see here are more than likely US dollars.Don't even think that any airgun,let alone a PCP will be anywhere near the prices you see in the classified section here.
Makes me cry to see what we pay.$1375 for a Marauder. $3300 for an Impact.Add 4-5 for a good scope(good not fantastic).
It's an expensive hobby as most will agree to.Get used to it save, hard and have fun.

"Paulcat"Hate to burst your bubble Tom,but finding a $600 PCP in Australia is going to be like winning the lottery.You will also need to be a licensed shooter-not a junior permit holder to buy any gun in Victoria.
This forum is mostly American,so prices you see here are more than likely US dollars.Don't even think that any airgun,let alone a PCP will be anywhere near the prices you see in the classified section here.
Makes me cry to see what we pay.$1375 for a Marauder. $3300 for an Impact.Add 4-5 for a good scope(good not fantastic).
It's an expensive hobby as most will agree to.Get used to it save, hard and have fun.

The gun will have to be in my dads name. I know it sucks how much we pay for our guns and ammo . I payed 330 dollars for a brake barrel and Brought a $150 scope last year and the scope is a 3-7. I will save for a bit. And it cost $25 for a pack of 500 jsb exact heavys.
Tom

As for buying air rifles in the US, it depends on where you are. If in New Jersey or New York, they are heavily regulated. If in California, it's darned near impossible to buy most types of guns in Southern California and only a bit more friendly in the northern part of the state. California has all sorts of weird restrictions on guns that aren't required anywhere else in the US. It's really important to know and understand local laws to avoid legal problems. 

​Where I am in Utah, air rifles are completely unregulated, so yes, you are correct, I can buy anything I like. Powder burners are a bit more restrictive, but only just. If I want a new rifle, I must pass a background check. Even here, it's getting harder and harder to find places convenient to shoot. We have quite a few ranges, but I'm used to shooting out in the desert where you have miles and miles of land between you and the next person. Not so any more. People are everywhere.

​Even in the United States, the attitude towards guns is changing. So, all air gunners must be extra polite if you know what I mean. It's a right, and a privilege here. Sometimes it is hard to get people to understand how much of a privilege it is. It would be so easy to lose the privilege, we must be extra careful.

"Saltlake58"As for buying air rifles in the US, it depends on where you are. If in New Jersey or New York, they are heavily regulated. If in California, it's darned near impossible to buy most types of guns in Southern California and only a bit more friendly in the northern part of the state. California has all sorts of weird restrictions on guns that aren't required anywhere else in the US. It's really important to know and understand local laws to avoid legal problems. 

​Where I am in Utah, air rifles are completely unregulated, so yes, you are correct, I can buy anything I like. Powder burners are a bit more restrictive, but only just. If I want a new rifle, I must pass a background check. Even here, it's getting harder and harder to find places convenient to shoot. We have quite a few ranges, but I'm used to shooting out in the desert where you have miles and miles of land between you and the next person. Not so any more. People are everywhere.

​Even in the United States, the attitude towards guns is changing. So, all air gunners must be extra polite if you know what I mean. It's a right, and a privilege here. Sometimes it is hard to get people to understand how much of a privilege it is. It would be so easy to lose the privilege, we must be extra careful.

it's all like that now it's getting harder to do any thing

@Birdshot1423 in one of your posts you asked about filling a tank for an air gun. A regular compressor like you air up a car tire or use with painting a car is not the type it takes. It takes a special high pressure type. But using a much cheaper high pressure hand pump works ok for many rifles.

And I would also vote for a Maximus from Crosman since its close to the same rifle as the Discovery unless you really love having a wood stock. One of my grandsons that live next door to me is also 14, and he likes the Maxi and I have a new Prod he likes a lot also(he got his first deer at 8yr old with a PB). Good luck on saving for your first PCP. 

"Goodtogo"@Birdshot1423 in one of your posts you asked about filling a tank for an air gun. A regular compressor like you air up a car tire or use with painting a car is not the type it takes. It takes a special high pressure type. But using a much cheaper high pressure hand pump works ok for many rifles.

And I would also vote for a Maximus from Crosman since its close to the same rifle as the Discovery unless you really love having a wood stock. One of my grandsons that live next door to me is also 14, and he likes the Maxi and I have a new Prod he likes a lot also(he got his first deer at 8yr old with a PB). Good luck on saving for your first PCP.
Is there much of a different to the maxi to the dico or just the stock I think it will be at the middle of the year bye the time I and get one. 
Thanks for checking out the other post.
and sorry what dose PB stand for when your grand son shot the deer with 

thanks tom