• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin armada

I put iron sights on mine. (See my avatar. It is a 30mm beer can front aperture.) It is a .25, and at the moment, I'm not completely happy with its inherent precision. However, I have not tried many different pellets in it yet either. As it is right now, it is a 2 MOA rifle at 50 yards with JSB Exact Kings. This is just barely good enough for the rifle to hold its shots in the 10 ring on a "reduced for 50 yards" NRA 600 yard highpower rifle target. I have offsets on my version of the target to compensate for the large pellet holes. I'd rather it would shoot closer to 1.25 MOA or better.

It does, however, do what I wanted with a fairly low pressure tune and velocity. My desire was to get at least 22 shot between fills (it gets 26), and a velocity that makes the pellet wind drift at 50 yards match what my .223 AR-15 space gun does with 80 grain bullets at 600 yards. The intent is to allow back yard practice of the highpower rifle game. The Armada does this pretty well and allowed me to nearly duplicate the ergonomics of my space gun.

I have a write-up on a firearms forum on how I modified mine to suit my purpose here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_54/450483_The_Benjamin_Armada_Space_Gun_Project__Now_with_targets_.html

You will want to have an ad blocking program on your browser, unless you are a paying member on that site. 

As far as I know the Armada is just a marauder in a different skin. But I do they offer them in .25? I have had my .25 less than a year
and living in the city--do not get to shoot it that often. . I would check out Ted's review of the .25 on Ted's Holdover. I think he has two--the one at the range would be most useful.

Crosman service has been good. I clipped my baffles and they sent me a new set free of charge. Gun is a blast. Cannot wait until I move out of town this spring.

The barrels used on the .25 marauders are a high quality barrel from Green Mountain. Not the normal Chinese barrels that Crosman uses for the rest of their guns. If the gun is tuned properly it should shoot very well. 1" groups at 100 yards don't come easy, and regardless of barrel, even extremely talented shooters can struggle for moa at 100 yards with a capable gun.

Well I put half inch at 25 and a inch at fifty with my break barrel witch has a crap SAT gamo trigger with what feels like a 50lb pull but it's predicable,
which is two of the reasons I want to go to pcp, typically smooth triggers, repeating action and lack of recoil all pretty much means a much better rifle to me, I'm a fairly good shot with a .22 rim at 100 my best group is 3 inches, with a marlin xt 22 great trigger and adjustable but the scope was junk 

I am not attacking your or anyone elses shooting skills, just pointing out that moa groups at 100 yards aren't easy. Doable, yes, but again not easy. I have 2 Crosman .25 barrels that have shot moa at 100 yards and 1 that has shot sub moa. However, I wouldn't say that moa is a daily occurance, and I shoot everyday. I also size and roll sort my pellets for that kind of accuracy.

I plan to get a a1-a2 adjustable AR buttstock and it's a toss up between a simple houge grip and a target AR grip to outfit this bad boy this is a major goal for me, I watch you guys have all the HPA charged fun week after week, I try to duplicate it with my break barrel and my pumper 25 and 50 yards just doesn't cut it anymore lol nor does the .177 so far I've taken about 4-5 eastern grey squirrels of my grandparents back woods property and around 40 sparrows and starlings, now we see more red squirrel and various songbirds, from black capped chikkadies too humming birds which they havent seen in years, as I'm unemployed at the moment I spend days looking for work and plinking, as well as waiting on @teds next video (aren't we all) and gocking at the AWSOME mods and crazy accuracy coming from the pcp hunters of YouTube while I can't afford the 1000$+ rigs they have I can save up for this bad boy,
http://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin-armada-air-rifle.html
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00Y3SY8KS/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_200_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41B1qefoUlL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL100_SR100%2C78_&refRID=0P6DE25F2FXRJ2DQSPG3
-shooting is fun
- mr. Bullwhisper 

"Bullwhisper"I plan to get a a1-a2 adjustable AR buttstock and it's a toss up between a simple houge grip and a target AR grip to outfit this bad boy this is a major goal for me,

The A-1 and A-2 butt-stocks are the fixed length. These will also require that you get a standard round buffer tube since the mil-spec or Magpul tubes have an integral rib with holes for the adjustable stocks to lock into place. 

Since Crosman /Benjamin made the rest of the stock ("lower receiver") in such a way that it puts the buffer tube a bit further back from the grip, you will probably find that the A-1 length stock will feel more like an A-2. If you like the shorter length of the A-1 on an AR-15, then I'd suggest that you stick with the stock that comes with it, or get another mil-spec stock of your preference. That is one nice feature of this rifle: you can change and add much of the stuff with standard AR-15 accessories.

In case you are not aware, the mil-spec buffer tube size is larger in outside dimensions than the commercial size. Both of these are made for adjustable stocks. The Armada comes with the mil-spec size. The plain round buffer tubes are all the same and will also screw in without difficulty. This latter is for the fixed traditional butt-stocks stocks, or the space-gun stocks like what I did to mine.

Here is a photo of mine in its current configuration: (I hope this works)
viewFile.html

After two .25 Marauders and one .22 Armada, it is my opinion that out of the box both should be a 2 MOA rifle. At 50 yards and beyond shooting 2 MOA with a pellet is a chalange.

At those ranges it is hard to determine the rifle's ultimate accuracy, so I have worked on how well I can shoot at a given range. This places a higher importance on marksmenship and reading the conditions then on the variables with the rifles performance. Over time the right combination of pellet and valve settings will give me the best results. I am still working on the marksmenship and condition issues.

For 40 years, starting in the 1920's, Crosman built its reputation on .22 air guns. The .22 Marauder should be the best rifle, but it is not. The .25 barrel seems to do better. I must say that my .22 Armada shoots right up with my .25s, but over all the ,25 owners seem to be more content with their rifles. I think the solution to this is an aftermarket barrel. I plan on getting one by the end of winter.

About butt stocks. The Armada I shoot has the globally sourced stock and grip.I have found that the length adjustment very useful when switching form scope to irons and when going form position to the bench. Height is not an issue, but the scope mounts and the sights are he same. So get one that adjusts length without the use of tools and height after you have settled on the heights of your sights or scope.

Ron
http://blueflaxairguns.blogspot.com/

Wow. Very sweet. I know this is an old post but I just got my Armada .25 cal up and shooting again. I had a back up of splattered lead in every nook and cranny. After using a very fine eyeglass screwdriver, a fine bit on my drill, and dis-assembling the gun it was mind-boggling. Two of my buffers were very frayed around their perimeter and I don't know if it came like that from factory or not. I am just learning the ins and outs of airgunning....especially with PCP's. And I have to say I am sold. Between my breakbarrels (which I love and can't wait for the Hatsan .30), and my Bullpup and now again my Armada and MRod which is tricked out with nightscope, except for my concealed carry, my gunpowder ordinance has been sitting lonely in by safe. I love airgunning and my unfortunate tinnitus loves it more! All the best, RabbiMoshe. Even Rabbis shoot!