• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benchrest inside the house Advantage

Not a bench, but the window sill works, gotta sit backwards on the toilet.. I like your set up better….

95E64D24-CBEB-49A1-8408-83429DC9BA5A.jpeg

Reactions: ThomasT
My shop is 30X40, it's heated so I can shoot very comfortably at 10m all year around and I shoot this range 90% of the time.

The mandoor in the back of the shop opens to the side yard the to the field. The shooting bench is 50 yards from the mandoor and the 50 yard range is, you guessed it, is 50 yards from the shooting bench.

I have yet to buy a cheap solid door that I will modify with a hinged, insulated sub door for 100 yard winter shooting.

A couple caveats, I need to have live video shooting long range due to possible encroachment from the sides. Who? No idea, I just feel paranoid I guess.

I shoot out of the house all year. No bugs/heat in the summer and toasty warm in the winter. I cut a piece or pink styrofoam to fit inside the window case leaving a 8x10” opening to shoot thru. Plenty big enough to range and shoot targets in my lane. Biggest problem is cold mirage from escaping warm air when it gets down to 10F. Uj

Reactions: douger
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Shooting and Chilli con carne, where do i sign up. :)

Given the chance ( that will be by the lotto gods ) i would for sure build / have build a 110 M long shed, next to or attached to my house.
Hello @Peashooter

Hope you win enough to build a second one of those sheds next to my place.

ThomasT

Hello @Vetmx

OK I call that Older, Wiser and Smarter (y). Like you, I really like the fact that I can close the window and just walk away, then come back at any time and start shooting...well after you open the window.

I shot a bunch this morning, had lunch and just finished shooting again, kind-of-liking this.

ThomasT
Funny you mention opening the window. My dad, 80 years old told me to put a piece of tape on the window that’s visible through the port so I don’t accidentally shoot out my window. I didn’t listen to that old duffer nonsense and within 2 months blew out my window. You should have heard it. After a new $300 glass insert for the window I made good use of one of those Utah Airgun stickers they always send me.

• Haha
Reactions: douger and ThomasT
I guess you guys have some easy going wives, when I suggested putting a range up in the hallway all I heard was OH HELL NO, HELL NO, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Yes she wears the pants in the house for some things lol. That chili looks great but dosen't go well for this old FART.
Hello @kayaker

I am not sure your wife is all that set against the inside benchrest, sounds like she could be talked into it pretty easy......and now you see why I used to have a wife :rolleyes:

That is my "mild" Chili Recipe, look close and you will see that there are other ingredients other than peppers :ROFLMAO:

ThomasT

Reactions: tcarlson777
Now here is the "Dream" Indoor range!! Stacked storage containers end to end to form a 100-yard indoor range. Those FX guys have good ideas!
Hey @tcarlson777

That is a great Idea. If they used 40 foot containers then it only needed 7-1/2 to make the 100-yard. I have enough land here but I would have to push down a bunch of trees and do a LOT of leveling. If I was 50 years younger I would do that. An overhead Target Retrieval System would be very easy to add.

ThomasT

My shop is 30X40, it's heated so I can shoot very comfortably at 10m all year around and I shoot this range 90% of the time.

The mandoor in the back of the shop opens to the side yard the to the field. The shooting bench is 50 yards from the mandoor and the 50 yard range is, you guessed it, is 50 yards from the shooting bench.

I have yet to buy a cheap solid door that I will modify with a hinged, insulated sub door for 100 yard winter shooting.

A couple caveats, I need to have live video shooting long range due to possible encroachment from the sides. Who? No idea, I just feel paranoid I guess.
less cost is the video doorbell and link to a Tablet or cell phone

Reactions: ThomasT