• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Bench rest opinions

Got one, like it. Nice one piece rest, obviously you only have one plane of adjustment...up and down. The gun rests are a firm rubber/plastic non-marring. It is a good rest, just make sure it will fit on your table or whatever you are going to put it on. It does have a large footprint, good for stability, but may not fit on your "table"? Enjoy.

Thanks for the tips.

I'm new to this serious airgunning stuff. Wow 31" long. I do not have a designated table yet. Was just going to use a plastic 6' table we use when we have alot of guests. Do you have any other suggestions I could look at. Utube here I come.

1539884211_15552057315bc8c4b37e1870.03293434_FX Crown STX-1.jpg

I see a lot of guys shooting with a lot of different styles of rests but interestingly, the guys I see winning are doing so with bipods or sandbags.
I use a Caldwell Rock RB and a rear bag with a Teflon slider glued to it's base. To become a good BR shooter it's discipline that's required. Repetition and consistency as you move from target to target are paramount and some guys think they do better with a mechanical aide. I feel the opposite is true. The more control I have over the process, the better. Depending on a frame to move the gun or hold it still seems like a crutch to me.

1539884211_15552057315bc8c4b37e1870.03293434_FX Crown STX-1.jpg

I see a lot of guys shooting with a lot of different styles of rests but interestingly, the guys I see winning are doing so with bipods or sandbags.
I use a Caldwell Rock RB and a rear bag with a Teflon slider glued to it's base. To become a good BR shooter it's discipline that's required. Repetition and consistency as you move from target to target are paramount and some guys think they do better with a mechanical aide. I feel the opposite is true. The more control I have over the process, the better. Depending on a frame to move the gun or hold it still seems like a crutch to me.

I like that set up.