• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I have an beeman 22cal and it is doing fine for me but I have gotten to the point where I need something else it hit me when I shot a rabbit (pest control) and it did not go down instantly I did not half to do a follow-up shot it died about 30seconds after the shot but still I need a gun that will kill instantly don't get me wrong it still works for rabbits I just don't have the range to get out there (any suggestions)

What model beeman do you have? How many FPE/Foot pounds of energy do you have now? Also where did you aim to shoot the rabbit and where did you hit it? Now if all these aren't up to snuff then you need to give us a price range that you are capable of paying. There are SO many guns out there so this is not an easy answer without more info. Let us know so we can help.

"Cade_sartin"I have an beeman 22cal and it is doing fine for me but I have gotten to the point where I need something else it hit me when I shot a rabbit (pest control) and it did not go down instantly I did not half to do a follow-up shot it died about 30seconds after the shot but still I need a gun that will kill instantly don't get me wrong it still works for rabbits I just don't have the range to get out there (any suggestions)

Cade, I applaud your consideration of a quick ethical kill but I will tell you here and now its going to happen at times that no matter how careful you try to be that there will be from time to time an animal that is just going to die hard.
I hate seeing it and when I can will follow up with a shot to try and lesson the suffering but it is part of hunting. 
If you are looking for an upgrade to a more accurate easier shooting gun then I would say you might consider a pcp .22 or .25 . But I wanted to make sure you understood that even then you will find yourself facing a situation where the animal may not go down right off and 30 seconds is well within my consideration of ethical. If you want Range then move up to a .25 and for the price a marauder would be my first choice (I just popped a crow offhand at 50 yards ) I am not saying a .22 will not do it but it is much easier with a .25

It is common for a head shot small mammal to jump, kick and tumble about as a nerve reflex even though the lights are out already. A spine shot usually shuts them down completely and instantly with none of the kicking around. A heart lung shot and the animal can go either way described above. As Willie stated 30 seconds is reasonable for an ethical kill! Taking life should never be a thing done lightly because it is in no ones power to give life back once it is taken and all life is a gift from the Creator!

Thurmond

Reactions: ironlion269
Amen, brother. One of the reasons I got into airguns was to pick off chipmunks around the property. I went at it seriously for a couple years, then sort of lost interest in shooting them. Most of my shots were humane, but some were not. I felt like crap having to take that nervous point-blank shot. I reserve the option of popping them if they annoy me sufficiently, which is an incentive to hone my marksmanship and vet the air guns to select a few "go to" killers if I get the taste of blood again.
I don't have the hunting gene, though I admire those who enjoy hunting and fishing with reverent attitudes such as those expressed by Thurmond.

Cade_sartin, my advice is to get closer. Rabbits seem like some of the easiest critters to hunt because they often just stand there broadside to you. You can almost always ease closer to them for a better shot. Seems to me a .22 spring rifle like your Beeman should do the trick if you're confident with the accuracy.