• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Barrle swap in Marauder?

How hard is it to swap out a 25 caliber barrel for a 22 caliber barrel in my gen2 marauder? Can I use the same shroud and baffle set I already have in my 25 or will I have to buy a complete 22 set up? Is it even possible with the receiver I have? I apologize if this has been covered before. Appreciate any information you all can provide. Mike 

Reactions: Conner holifield
The .25 cal has a 1/2’’ barrel o.d. and the .177 and .22 cal. have a 7/16’’ o.d. The baffles and shroud are the same but the air stripper and shroud spacer are .25 or .177,.22 cal. specific (1/2’’ vs 7/16’’) You could buy a .22 breech, barrel, air stripper and spacer and use your shroud ,baffles and end cap or you could assemble a complete top end in .22 and just the removal of the four breech screws would facilitate the swap. You might need a scope sited for each breech as POI would be different. 

Just bought a new shroud for my .25 for around $23.00. Breeches are around $40.00. Air stripper, shroud spacer, end cap and o-rings for both, screws to secure said parts, 7 baffles, one spring, a .22 cal barrel. The breech is bare so set screws, bolt probe, plunger, stop plate and screw. I would also buy a .187 i.d.poly transfer port from Hill or JSairrifles. Probably looking at under $150.00 for complete .22 top end. 4 breech screws to swap in less than 5 minutes. All parts, parts diagrams and.part numbers are on the Crosman.com website. Have all your part numbers on hand and direct phone order. It’s very easy and the lady that helped me was terrific. Parts come in about a week from NY.

Dennis

Doesn't sound to hard at all, but I think I would rather buy another marauder in 22 than try to convince the wife I need to buy the spare parts to shoot another caliber. Honestly I could buy it and stick it in the gun safe and she would never know the difference. Not that she's stupid or anything, but MY gun safe is MY gun safe and I don't think she's looked in there more than half a dozen times in the 24 years we have been married. And she bought it for me. I appreciate all the help.

If you can ‘’get away” with it that is a great option, never can have enough rifles.

My wife would probably catch me, she likes to see what I’m shooting and knows my guns.

But it really is a cheap and easy swap, you don’t even have to degas. Takes one Allen wrench.

I like marauders, fairly cheap and easy to work on and modify.

Have Fun , 

Dennis

What would it take to convert a .22 to a .25..?

Breech, barrel, cocking bolt, shroud support, shroud end cap, baffles ( you can drill out end cap & baffles however )

Thanks for the reply MH... Hammer spring, tp, or valve..? Any ideas on that aftermarket side lever breech.? Whats the most economical place to order all these mrod parts...?

Hill air rifles has quite a bit. Wicked air rifles has some nice valves and other pieces, Jefferson State air rifles has some parts but look like they need to restock. They also do machining. Mountain airguns has a nice .30 cal. conversion for .25 cal. Marauders and Armadas. New England airguns has a couple RAI chassis kits for the marauder. 

Parts are available but not as cheap as they used to be. Some of the least expensive parts are at Crosman.com, all of your stock replacement parts are available.