• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

barrel clean, now not grouping

Even my springer .acts like that. Clean the barrel and the thing shoots like a confetti gun (crap all over the place) 25 or 30 shots in all the sudden the shots are hitting in a 2 inch circle. Of course by then i have totally missed up the scope zero chasing pellets all over the place. Second time it happened I caught on and didnt change the scope at all. Sure enough it came around after 25 to 30 shots

Just to confirm what everyone said, and my own experience:

1. clean the gun when you first get it
  2. Shoot 40 or 50 rounds to "Lead it up". It'll reach a state where the leading is fairly stable, and it'll shoot more consistently.
  3. Keep shooting till accuracy falls off
  4. go through the same procedure again.
    [/LIST=1]

Now a question for everyone (sorry to hijack the thread, but it's roughly the same subject)

When you clean, how thoroughly are you cleaning? At present, I'm just pulling a bore snake through (with the brass brush removed) with no solvents. Are you using solvents and getting right down to the metal in the barrel, or a quick pull through?

I don't clean my air guns much at all. and when I do I'll just run a patch with some solvent then a dry or a de brushed bore snake. I have met a lot of shooters who have told me you don't want to completely scour out the barrel just knock down that extra build up. I used to clean the barrels a lot but now I feel like I get much better accuracy not cleabing so often