• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ballistic coefficient of jsb king heavys.

Hello AGN,

I was trying to put some new data in my ballistic calculator last night and have always taken for granted when reloading for my powder burners that the ballistic coefficient is noted in the reloading manuals. Also to come up with one using AOA’s calculator you need a muzzle velocity and a velocity at the target. Does anyone have a base line or generic one to use? I’m shooting the .25cal 33.39 grain jsb king heavy. Also I’m not super educated on the subject of ballistic coefficient so it may be something you have to calculate on your own using a chronograph. Any input will be much appreciated.

Starting at~ 885fps and ending at 60 yards using LabRadar data I get between .051-.054 using Chairgun. I've been using .052 for over a year now and it tracks pretty well but I'm shooting no more than 120yds. I haven't used labradar on this .25 pellet past 64 yards and don't know how far downrange I can actually track it. Further data would be helpful.