• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Aztec Scopes ?

Are you talking about the SFP or FFP ? I have two of the 5.5-25x50 FFP illuminated and love them. What initially sold me was Matt Dubber's review and his involved with development. I do see AOA and Baker Air Guns are selling them.

...I would like to get your take on the $799 Element scope since he was involved in that one too... Crank it to 25x and tell me if it's clear.

I have three and love them. Yes, they do have some chromatic aberration at certain angles and in certain lighting. Guess I am lucky It does not bother me much at all. Scopes that are not clear at maximum zoom do not bother me much either I just do not zoom them out to that point. The Aztec's are not perfect scopes but then again there aren't many that are. I think they were a good scope for the money back then and I have not felt the need to replace mine as yet.

I have 2 and enjoy them both (FFP and SFP). I shoot them both at the top end of magnification and have not seen any problems. However, I did receive a FFP that was not clear at the top magnification. Baker Airguns swapped it out for an replacement. So maybe there were some quality control issues. I like the design of the reticle. Simple dot with very little clutter around it.

I have two Aztecs in FFP and SFP. They are solid scopes and compete with others in the same price range. I didn't have any issues with clarity or performance. I also have Element, Hawke, Leupolds, Vortex, ATN, etc. If you can test any scope out in person, it will be the best bet. But if you know the features and specifications you want in a scope and buy from a reputable dealer or person you should be OK. If you don't like an Aztec I would wager it would resell pretty quick..

I have two Aztecs in FFP and SFP. They are solid scopes and compete with others in the same price range. I didn't have any issues with clarity or performance. I also have Element, Hawke, Leupolds, Vortex, ATN, etc. If you can test any scope out in person, it will be the best bet. But if you know the features and specifications you want in a scope and buy from a reputable dealer or person you should be OK. If you don't like an Aztec I would wager it would resell pretty quick..

Especially like the one that just sold for $200 on the classifieds.

Probably since he may have paid $176.00 for a better scope. They are $235 now BTW.