• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Avenger hammer rotation

Watching AEAC's video, the .22 Avenger should have 6 full rotations on hammer spring. Mine only has about 3 and a half. Anyone else run into that? Does the 3.5 rotations on my Avenger equal the 6 on the gun AEAC reviewed? If not, can I add the extra capacity back in?

It's a refurb I picked up months ago. Life happened so never finished the tune. Time to get back into the game and finish this one up! Any help appriciated.

Mine came that way I read some where they stick at about 3 turns in so I just keep working it in and out till it stared working worked for me I did have to add a little more pressure.
I believe this was a very common issue when Avengers first came out. Mine was sticky at about 3 turns, too. Just need to work thru it to get the HS to smooth out.

Reactions: Phildog59
Been out of town for a week, but this was waiting when I got home from Air Venturi Support:

So an avenger should have 5 1/4 turns in from all the way out.
So if you wish you can degas, turn the hammer all the way out, it wont fall out. refill, set the reg to your desired amount on increase (remember
never lower until you degass) then start your turns, and yes all Avengers are different believe it or not, meaning
in rounds they like, hammer spring 1/4 turn amounts etc etc
let me know how this works

So, according to support, we should all have 5 1/4 turns. I'll be working on my gun this weekend. Will post if it changes. . . . . . .

Reactions: BackStop
Surprisingly, had a quick opportunity to test the gun. Backed the hammer spring out all the way and screwed it in3 turns where it stopped. I applied more pressure and magically, I get 2.25 more turns. I ran it in and out several times to loosen it up. Still a bit tight around 4 turns but working. Added over 100 fps to slugs though topping with 21 grain FX hybrids at about 850. Not enough oomph for slugs, so will be tuning down to the lower end of the spectrum. At least I know what's going on with the gun now and can tune accordingly.

Thank you Air Venturi Support!