• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenge-x slugs

I'm trying to choose from a few slugs to try out and from a search it looked like .217 was the best diameter for the avenger.
Do we know if the barrel of the avenge-x is the same as the one in the avenger ?

Also the maximum slug length that the magazine takes would be helpful!
Trial and error, not every barrel is the same. If you have a set of calipers I would measure the ID of the groves and the lands.

Reactions: Ranchibi
Try:

21 grain .217 H&N good
23 grain NSA in .2165 BEST I found!
17.5 grain NSA .217 GREAT accuracy
I’ve had really good success with the nsa 23 grain .216 shooting at 920fps but the reg needs to be pressurized pretty high to get it there

Got some nsa 20 grain .216 on the way and a .216 re sizing die, hoping I’ll get more shots going with lighter slugs

Reactions: Ranchibi
I'm trying to choose from a few slugs to try out and from a search it looked like .217 was the best diameter for the avenger.
Do we know if the barrel of the avenge-x is the same as the one in the avenger ?

Also the maximum slug length that the magazine takes would be helpful!
In my avenger, the .217 diameter still fit in my barrel rather hard. I'm going to purchase a sizer. I've gotten good accuracy from the slugs though.