• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenge-X PCP Tuning Guide, AEAC Pre-video Learning

Thank you for the clarification! I just bought my Avenge x last week for hunting. So I have less than a week in the pcp world. But I have reloaded for years. To me this is studying the same science in a different format. I would really appreciate any information to get me started. I did see the targets you shot.
Thank you for the clarification! I just bought my Avenge x last week for hunting. So I have less than a week in the pcp world. But I have reloaded for years. To me this is studying the same science in a different format. I would really appreciate any information to get me started. I did see the targets you shot.
What caliber did you get?

At Pyramid Air’s Advice I bought the.22 to get started and learn pcp rifles. I intend to buy the .25 kit as soon as they are available to hunt with.
Ok cool. 22 is fun! I cant speak to the tune of it but I would just start without touching anything. Clean the barrel, top off the tank and go shoot! JSB, FX and JTS are all good choices o pellets to start with, H&N too. Dig around and see what others have had success with and start there to see if your lucky enough to find the same success. Those are also the better quality brands out right now. This is a great platform to get started on for sure. Keep following and have fun. Im hoping to get one in .22 as well and maybe eventually a .177 I like them that much.

Reactions: Hawkeyehunter
That video is going to cause a lot of damage to the reputation of the Avenge-X.
Maybe to people outside of the airgun community, those within aren't worried about it. There's always someone with a negative experience or opinion. I've heard hes become very salty lately with lots of negativity thrown his way but who knows. You also have to keep in mind these are budget guns....I have more issues and work out of my more expensive guns than this lower priced gun. If you can leave good enough alone, you will generally not have problems.

He needs to tune the gun correctly, hes off and theres so many proven instances. Would love for him to try Steves tune, my tune, anyone elses tune that works and start there. I believe he thinks he knows a lot and its just not coming out that way. Put it back to factory and start there.

I would like to say that I take a lot of videos with a grain of salt about the Avengers and Avenge-X. I have six Avengers and Avenge-x is truly an advanced improvement. I know that no two air guns are alike. The only problem with my Avenge-X is the O-rings on my regulator and a creeping issue. I have addressed Air Venturi about it and am waiting for the parts. My reg O-rings were like hard plastic and broke into two pieces upon removal. Overall Avenge-X is still a game changer and easier to work on. Enough said for now!

I would like to say that I take a lot of videos with a grain of salt about the Avengers and Avenge-X. I have six Avengers and Avenge-x is truly an advanced improvement. I know that no two air guns are alike. The only problem with my Avenge-X is the O-rings on my regulator and a creeping issue. I have addressed Air Venturi about it and am waiting for the parts. My reg O-rings were like hard plastic and broke into two pieces upon removal. Overall Avenge-X is still a game changer and easier to work on. Enough said for now!
Same issues on FX and Skout and such so none are exempt from issues.

Six Avengers ! May I ask why so many of the same thing?

James had a different idea than most with his approach to finding a balance between hammer strike efficiency and pressure. He concluded that the hammer spring is not as strong as it needs to be in order to increase fps in the .25 caliber. Some guys tune only for a targeted fps and max ftlbs. Some seek a fps that will give tight groups regardless of ftlbs.

Personally, I fall into the accuracy over power camp. The racoons I shoot are slocked well at 41 ftlbs.

Reactions: Swildman
I also have three Avengers one first gen wood stock .22 and two new Avenge-X classics another .22 and a .25 and bought another .25 with the synthetic stock which is currently still in transit. The first gen is tuned to shot with the more lightweight pellets like the Crosman 14.3 grains, the JSB 15.89 and the Air Arms 16 grains diabolo fields. The other .22 X is tuned to shot exclusively with the more heavier JSB 18 grains and the other .25 cal X is tunned to shot with the JSB 25, the Air arms 25 and the FX Atomic 26.6 grains. The other X .25 cal that is still in transit (this will be the only one with a synthetic stock) is going to be tuned to shot exclusively with the more heavier JSB 33 grains pellets, this to avoid having to constantly change their tune. For this same reason Steve is using two different X in .25 cal to perform all his tunning. Ohh by the way it doesn’t matter what type of pellets and different tunes you use with your .22 the bigger .25 cal is more accurate, the accuracy of this airguns in .25 is unbelievable thats why I sold my other high end Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 WTC .22 cal, because although it was also extremely accurate as well up to 60 yards there was no difference at all comparing it with my others low budget Avengers despite it had cost me 4 times more….😉. .

IMG_6391.png

IMG_6390.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogowsky
I also have three Avengers one first gen wood stock .22 and two new Avenge-X classics another .22 and a .25 and bought another .25 which is currently still in transit. The first gen is tunned to shot with the more lightweight pellets like the Crosman 14.3 grains, the JSB 15.89 and the Air Arms 16 grains diabolo fields. The other .22 X is tunned to shot exclusively with the more heavier JSB 18 grains and the other .25 cal X is tunned to shot with the JSB 25, the Air arms 25 and the FX Atomic 26.6 grains. The other X .25 cal that is still in transit (this will be the only one with a synthetic stock) is going to be tunned to shot exclusively with the more heavier JSB 33 grains pellets, this to avoid having to constantly change their tune. For this same reason Steve is using two different X in .25 cal to perform all his tunning. Ohh by the way it doesn’t matter what type of pellets and different tunes you use with your .22 cal the bigger .25 cal is more accurate, the accuracy of this airguns in .25 is unbelievable thats why I sold my other high end Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 WTC .22 cal, because although it was also extremely accurate as well up to 60 yards there was no difference at all comparing it with my others low budget Avengers despite it had cost me 4 times more….😉. .

View attachment 419978

View attachment 419983
Good to know on the accuracy on 22 vs 25. My 25 is amazing so i was assuming the 177 and 22 would follow suit. Im ahooting the 34gr at 850.

Today I received the new member of the family, another Avenge-X .25 cal. I removed the scope of my other Avenge-X .22 and put it on in this one since the new Arken SH-4 scope I bought still remain in back order due to the incredible high demand they have. By the way if anyone is planning to use one of this scopes that comes with the bigger 34 mm tube, is a must to use it with the higher Arkens 1.45 mm rings to be able to use it with the high capacity mags, otherwise they will not fit I learned this the hard way. I also borrowed the Hugget snipe standard moderator from my other Avenge-X .25 and put it on this one because the new one is still in transit.

My future plans with this one is to converted to a bottle to increase his autonomy and shot count per fill, (if finally Air Venturi change the shape of the extremely ugly carbon fiber bottle they are offering now…👎). Tomorrow I will start his tunning process to shot exclusively with the heavier JSB 33 grains pellets after I clean his barrel to increase his accuracy and lubricate his probe orings with silicone oil to increase their longevity. The airgun came already completely degassed because I live overseas and the USPS does not allow any pneumatic weapon to come with air. I am planing to use Steve “34 grains 850 tune” but start with the h/s with only one turn at a time until the desired fps speed is reached along with the lowest spread and std as possible, this is the way I usually tune all my airguns with excellent results…👍.

IMG_8267.jpeg

IMG_8269.jpeg

IMG_8268.jpeg

IMG_8273.jpeg

Last edited:
The initial shipment of guns and parts arrived to the US in August. The conversion kits are going onto the website as we speak. The demand for caliber conversion kits is very high, so if you want one, be sure to get a pre-order in, or you're going to be waiting considerably longer if you just wait to see when it shows in stock online. FWIW, my understanding is that the last batch of caliber kits that came in were all pre-sold.
Have a question. I let my cousin inlaw shoot my avenge-x tactical. Well he knocked it off the table smh.. and broke the back end of the stock off . Anyone have a schematic for replacement parts for it?. It broke right where the buffer tube deal connects . I know there supposed to have kits for stocks and all that for all the rifles they make I just cannot find the tactical tube stock anywhere. **Edit I took the stock off and it is a 2 piece design which is good bc that means I should not have to replace the entire thing I assume air venturi will have this part since they have full parts list for the other 2 models ?. Or will I need to send it off to get someone to model it and 3d print me a replacement?.
1000005124.jpg
1000005123.jpg

Last edited:
Avenge X Classic 22. Have Avenger .22 also for 3 Years. Big upgrade on the X compared to the original until yesterday. Loved it until yesterday. Pretty much hole over hole. Maybe 1000 shots through it. Yesterday at 30 yards I started getting 2" flyers off target, 1 out of 5. Gun sat over night and I could hardly get on paper this morning. Athlon 6-24 Argos and Stinger Bench Rest. It's definitely not me. It is shooting all over the place. Cleaned the barrel and the Donny Sumo moderator. Better but still 2" groups. Tomorrow I will video the issue. I think this one is going back. My Avenger is lights out. Not the X now. Really disappointed it seems to gone to crap so new.

Just to add. Using JSB Exact Jumbo Heavy18.13 and I sort my pellets. Gun came out the box set at 2000 Reg and Hammer turned all the way out. I tried it today at same settings and it is not shooting correctly. Had it turned down to 1800 and 1 turn in at one point. Was shooting 840 to 850 fps. Turned the hammer spring in 1 turn and reg at 2000 today. 56 shots average 863 fps with a spread of 27 fps, 875-848 fps. Gun is shooting consistently as far as speed. Just not consistent on paper. Not sure what the H happened.

Last edited: