available CROWN

Hello

New to air rifles, benchrest competition and air rifle hunting. Have had a few other guns in the past along with PCP Pistols. By the time I figured out I wanted a Crown they were all gone in .22, I also wanted the green laminated stock. Got on the list with AOA, they said sometime after the first of the year, that was about 2 weeks ago. 

Got mine Tuesday night too late to shoot.
I got to shoot it for the first time last night.

Man this thing is a laser!
Keep in mind I only have room for 30 yards in my yard.
I was sighting it in and shot 2 groups 
1 with three shots and the other just 2 shots. Both were off target but were a single hole the size of the pellet no larger.

I went on to shoot a bunch of 5 shot groups as the wind picked up.
With no doping the wind most were approx. 3/8" or less outside dimension.
The last couple groups I shot I tried doping the wind a little since I had some information on how much impact the wind was having. I will post up a picture in a little bit.
It was again back down to the size of the pellet.

I am excited to see what this gun can do at 100 yards, which is what I bought it for.
The weak link will always be the shooter in this case.

Hey Pat,
Yeah once I get time to sit down and do some real time to play I will do a separate thread.
I will be doing some chrono testing soon and then when I get time to go to a range I will work on long distance.

So here is a pic from yesterday.
Keep in mind this is a target for 9 and 10 rings only for 25 meter.
The upper row of 2 shots are the ones I was talking about the 3 and 2 shot groups for site in on the scope.
starting at the left I was still doing site in adjusting the scope down and then over.
I did not bother with smoothing the paper or getting real serious as I was mostly sighting in my scope
and then letting the wind have its way with the pellets so I could get a feel for how much they will move.
That row is all 5 shot groups except the last one which was my last pellet in the magazine.

The last three on the right I started doing a little doping on the wind. I was pleased with the results.

Still need to spend some serious time learning this beast but so far I am happy I pulled the trigger.

"Dirte"
"terrymc"And Yes Pat it did come with the case.
The sad part is it is too small to fit with my little Hawke 10-50 on the Crown.
Well that stinks that it is no more than a shipping box if it doesn't fit a scope. I guess the first shipment of Crowns that didn't come with one, the owners won't be to pissed off then.

Maybe if I was using something smaller. LOL
although I cannot imaging using the 30 cal with a little 44mm scope. Ha, ha.

But it does make a really nice shipping box. 
Green with nice curved corners, pretty!

"terrymc"And Yes Pat it did come with the case.
The sad part is it is too small to fit with my little Hawke 10-50 on the Crown.
Nice shooting, My Royale 500 came with a nice case but soon as the Hawke went on with no-limit rings and a Bipod it no longer fit the case also so I had to use a case from one of my other weapons..I'm sure it has to do with shipping but you think they could give the case 2 more inches around the center of the case knowing everyone is going to scope them whether it's a Crown or Royale, probably the same case.

"Hynzie"wow talk about top of the line ,,i love my RAW 30 hm1000x lrt and wildcat soon to get a impact ive seen a couple of lightly used ones ,,i cant stop got my tank and compressor 100s of accessories vulcan taipan crown another couple RAWS oh where do i start maybe get em all lol pat terry what scope r u using

yeah I wish the RAW was mine also. (Never enough nice guns)
I got to shoot it while Mark Buchanon
was setting it out for the purchaser.
Very very nice gun.
I was convinced a Raw was my next gun until you posted up about the Crown 30 being available.

I am using a Hawke sidewinder 10-50x 60mm ED.
another recent purchase.
my Ultimate Sporter .22 is using an Aeon 10-40 which is very nice for the money.

The 30 cal I shot was a red and black laminate very sharp.
I have also shot a walnut stock hm1000 .22 with a tm cylinder on it so it looks more traditional.
Lots of RAWs at the local club. 
You see RAW most,
then FX,
Daystate,
Steyr, and
Thomas.
It is like a melting pot of high end Air Rifles every month.
From the looks of it you would think everyone in Arizona had serious money. (I can tell you that is not the case.)
I feel like a pauper with my Air Arms which I have yet to shoot there yet.