AV Booster not pumping...Help?!

Hey guys. I got the AV booster a little while ago and I have been fairly happy with it. It is slow, but gets the job done...rather, was getting the job done. Just went to the shop to top off my tank and the thing does not seem to be working. The pressure gauge goes up, and keeps going up, without any pumping action from the pistons inside. Typically the gauge goes up until the threshold hits and then it fluctuates as the pumping is in progress. 

Any thoughts? I have checked myself for errors, but I don't think I am doing anything different from before. 

Thanks

Chris

I will update this post in order to provide feedback for members in the future. (even though it doesn't seem many of you may read this section) 

So far. Booster only works for a few seconds after being decompresed, then it builds up pressure and stops (on the low end) 

I have reached out to AV, waiting to hear back.

I have reached out to AGD. They only sell this thing, they have no clue on troubleshooting it. Tefered me to AV and good luck to you. 

Reactions: FunGun
Sorry intenseaty22, I have been reading and following, (do they call that "lurking"?) just don't have any experience with boosters. I am interested as I am sure many of us out here are, to see if you can get a resolution to your problem. Please don't take our silence as indication of non-interest, personally I just don't have anything to offer as a suggestion that you have not already done. Please keep us informed and wishing you the best of luck and hoping for a very satisfactory outcome. We all like to see how well the retailers respond in helping with support. Thanks for sharing.

I really appreciate your comments FG. Even if it does not bring me closer to a solution, it is good to know/hear. I do intend on following up here and give feedback. It is just that with so many folk reading this forum, there is bound to be one or two cats that may have even a thought. I know for sure there are a lot of Air Gun Geeks here, those that tear down a $3K gun and can put it back together again only to work better than from factory. Thanks again. Cheers. 

Update. Spoke to AV. Service guy was really nice and helpful. Unfortunately I will have to ship unit back to Ohio. I did speak to customer service and was able to get (hopefully) a paid for shipping label. Turn around time after they receive it is 2-4 weeks. I get the feeling, as you read between the lines, that there was a bad batch of these. Needless to say Quality Control lacking. There is a new model of these coming out soon, month or so. I hope they improved upon them. Either way, I'm out of air for a while. Will update as I get news.

So sorry to hear your out of air! We moved from an airgun paradise to 400miles R/T ( DARN) for air. I ended up with a different booster which so far keeps boosting my fun. Should it ever need anything I am on my own but it's about as hard to rebuild as a Marauder & came with ( part of ? ) a rebuild kit.

Not sure where you are or which airguns you have but Big-5 ( sporting goods store new to me ) has the QB78 for $99 and a $10.00 off in store coupon, still nice Co2 weather.

Do appreciate the post as for the first time since I started shooting pre-charged a FLOOD of lower to LOW ( bit scary for me ) cost HPA at home options seems to be hitting the market one cant keep up.
Sorry it has to be you but it will be good to hear how the service end of things turns out. After sales service means a lot to many of us.

Ya, back to what I was going to say as you seemed to mentioned someone just taking a stab at it.
Are you certain your primary pump/compressor is still putting out enough air? Enough psi? Enough - and how would you figure it?) CFM? Just a thought.

John

@spysir I hear ya. I have learned that this gig is like that a lot, but, like Crack, it's too addictive. What booster did you end up with? Altaros? By "hard to rebuild as a Marauder" you mean easy? I have never had the pleasure of owning and taking apart a Marauder. As for the AV Booster, I'm pretty sure it's the booster that has gone bad and not the primary compressor. I checked and double checked everything. Thanks. 

@hynzie Do you have an AV compressor? or just the booster? if you only have the compressor, how does that thing handle/address moisture? Thanks. 

Chris

"Str8tshooter"Sorry to learn of your troubles with the AV Booster. I am planning on going the Booster route and was having difficulty deciding which unit. Thanks for sharing appreciated much.

I will not deny that it is frustrating as can be. But in the process I have learned a lot. I always thought "why get a booster, when you can get a compressor?" Even with all this troubles, I will stick to boosters. Even though mine gave me trouble, that is not the same for all. I like the boosters because for one, they are smaller, lighter, less complex, and I can remove most or all of the water before it gets to the booster. They work, albeit slow, but I'm never in a hurry to fill. If a part of the system breaks down, it is easy to isolate the problem and fix or replace. Also, the booster air is never as hot as the one coming out of a compressor and when my tank gets to 4500, it will not drop in pressure once it cools down. Anyway, just my 2cents and some food for thought. I ended up buying a second booster (Altaros) think I will keep both and always have a backup. 

"intenseaty22"Update. Spoke to AV. Service guy was really nice and helpful. Unfortunately I will have to ship unit back to Ohio. I did speak to customer service and was able to get (hopefully) a paid for shipping label. Turn around time after they receive it is 2-4 weeks. I get the feeling, as you read between the lines, that there was a bad batch of these. Needless to say Quality Control lacking. There is a new model of these coming out soon, month or so. I hope they improved upon them. Either way, I'm out of air for a while. Will update as I get news.
Do you have any details on the new model? I'm surprised that they're already putting out an new model when this booster just came out a few months ago! Or maybe it's just a new shipment with fixes?

Oh, and to your other post - PA owns Air Venturi and I suspect they also own or have a relationship with AGD. I've ordered stuff from both companies before and had it ship out of the other companies warehouse.

No details on new model, other than it is not in stock at warehouse yet (maybe a month) if you look at the picture on line now, it's different than the original in subtle ways. 

I bought it from AGD, only b/c it was in stock at the time. Reported the problem to AV. Got the shipping label from PA. So, yeah, they are all one and the same. 

So far, so good with Altaros. Used very little to date. Dealing with tank leak problem. Got the Omega 75 from AoA, has been a very frustrating endeavor. Will update. Left seller feedback for Altaros.