• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ATN X-Sight II 5x20 First Kill

Hey Oklahoma_guy,
Question about the X-sight on YOUR gun: does it mount directly to the rail? Looks like it does from the pic. I ask because I'm about to order the x-sight 2 and hopefully purchase an AT44-10 soon as well.
But I'll get mine in .25 so that we won't be EXACTLY the same. Because that might be awkward if we run into each other one day, since I'm in Oklahoma too.

nice shooting btw

I just came across this scope last night. Never seen it before that. I have to say, it looks like it has everything one would want from a scope. That said, how is the "range finder" feature? I wonder how good it works? Looking at all the other features this scope has, I am surprised they didn't use a laser to find the range, and then have the scope calculate for pellet drop. Just like on the Burris Eliminator III?

Anyhow, I might get one from Amazon and try it. If it doesn't work or I don't like it, I just return it.

thanks,

Kmd

"amccoy"Hey Oklahoma_guy,
Question about the X-sight on YOUR gun: does it mount directly to the rail? Looks like it does from the pic. I ask because I'm about to order the x-sight 2 and hopefully purchase an AT44-10 soon as well.
But I'll get mine in .25 so that we won't be EXACTLY the same. Because that might be awkward if we run into each other one day, since I'm in Oklahoma too.

nice shooting btw
Yes, the scope mounts directly to my AT44 rail. The scope is not very long and even with the scope all the way back on the gun's rail I still had to stretch to reach the eye cup. To solve this and move the scope back further I bought and installed an offset rail adapter as seen below....

"Oklahoma_Guy"
Yes, the scope mounts directly to my AT44 rail. The scope is not very long and even with the scope all the way back on the gun's rail I still had to stretch to reach the eye cup. To solve this and move the scope back further I bought and installed an offset rail adapter as seen below....
I ended up getting an XSight II 5x20. Even after reading the issues people were having I said to myself "Challenge accepted!", turned around and purchase one anyway. The Dovetail to Picatinny adapter does works well to get the scope closer to your eye. Note it will rise the scope up a bit higher. Good hunting! 

"Oklahoma_Guy"
"amccoy"Hey Oklahoma_guy,

nice shooting btw
I bought the "same" adapter and it does not work well for me at all. I am using it on my GAMO Whisper Fusion Pro and it sits crooked on the rifle. Bought it at Amazon for $9.99 or so.