• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Athlon Aries BTR

"Brian10956"I’m currently looking at the Hawke Sidewinder FFP 6-24x56 the parallax is adjustable from 10 to infinity and you can get it for under $500.00 Hawke Frontier has a FFP of 5-25x56 which is one step up in quality for around $600 Street but the parallax is 25 to infinity which won’t work for me.
I noticed the announcement from Hawke as well-I will be very interested to see how the Hawke eyebox compares to the Athlon scopes. If it is better, I may give Hawke another look.

I have an Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 Gen2 FFP MOA on my RAW....very nice scope. I've heard the Meopta 6 series has German glass and about the same price point if you're shopping. The Ares BTR 2.5-15 has a smallish/short eye box...I like it but others do not FYI.
I also have an Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 Gen2 FFP MOA scope on my RAW. It's exceptional, especially for the price point. I also have an Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 Gen2 FFP MOA scope on another RAW. I would only say it's OK, and NOT worth full price. I would look elsewhere if you want this range. Athlon also has a superb warranty policy.

Reactions: Ranchibi
I've found my Helos G2 6-24 has a prescription that suits my eyes better than the Ares BTR 4.5-27?! And it is less expensive with locking turrets but 34mm tube and with that more travel.

I didn't mind the IQ in the Ares BTR 2.5-15 but thought it was on the larger size for a scope in that mag range. Then the Helos G2 2-12 came out.....

So sold all 5 of my Ares BTR's and bought HG2's and some other scopes.

Honestly I think the Ares BTR line was due for a G3 upgrade awhile ago.

I've found my Helos G2 6-24 has a prescription that suits my eyes better than the Ares BTR 4.5-27?! And it is less expensive with locking turrets but 34mm tube and with that more travel.

I didn't mind the IQ in the Ares BTR 2.5-15 but thought it was on the larger size for a scope in that mag range. Then the Helos G2 2-12 came out.....

So sold all 5 of my Ares BTR's and bought HG2's and some other scopes.

Honestly I think the Ares BTR line was due for a G3 upgrade awhile ago.
Thanks for this info, Steve. Based on what an Athlon rep told me, the Helos line has the same glass as the Argos Line, but with more features. I tried the Argos for FT and found that it didn't range all that well. It was a well build scope with glass appropriate for the price point, but it just didn't serve the purpose I needed. I really like the features of the Helos line, but I need glass with a more shallow depth of field.