• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Athlon Argos on the way

Like topic says, Just ordered an Athlon Argos 6-24 x50 FFP. Very excited about this scope with the FFP.

I have a TAC Vector on my Gauntlet and it a pretty decent scope but i really like my FFP scopes. Probably going to put the Argos on my new airgun, when I decide what it will be.

Anybody have one of these? Please let me know what you think of it.

Thanks 
Buckeye

"bowwild"This (Athlon Argos 6-24 x50 FFP) is one of the scopes that was recommended to me on a thread I started yesterday as I'm trying to decide what scope to buy. I want one that is fairly compact. I have it narrowed down to the one you just ordered, an MTC Mamba Lite, or have Leopold customize my reticles.
bowwild
From the reviews that are out on this scope, it is worth a shot for the price, especially for a FFP scope. 

"Brian10956"I have one on the way to me now expecting it on Wednesday I ordered the mil version. On you tube there is a video on a couple of fixes.
https://youtu.be/hC1CPPcGxm4
https://youtu.be/5ZgefPuQ6uA
both of them seem easy to do.
Brian
I also ordered the mil version, haven't had one before. I liked the reticle better because the mils were numbered, easier to find the right line.

I saw the two fixes you sent, pretty easy. Hopefully they fixed the problems before we get ours.
Thanks

I have been shooting this scope in MOA for a few months now. Awesome scope only issue and it's small is the size of the reticle. I wish it was thinner but it still shoots lights out. Also this being my first FFP scope I will be changing all my optics to an FFP optic. I have the Hawke 10-50 and several leepers scopes of varying magnification. The ability to zoom in and out without poi change is amazing and worth every penny.

"Hookster"I have been shooting this scope in MOA for a few months now. Awesome scope only issue and it's small is the size of the reticle. I wish it was thinner but it still shoots lights out. Also this being my first FFP scope I will be changing all my optics to an FFP optic. I have the Hawke 10-50 and several leepers scopes of varying magnification. The ability to zoom in and out without poi change is amazing and worth every penny.
Thanks Hookster for letting me know how much you like yours. FFP is the way to go.

Mine was just delivered, it’s too dark out to do much with it. It came with a package of nylon washers I’m assuming they are for doing a zero stop. There were no instructions on doing it but I can figure it out. I’ll sight it in tomorrow and report back. I was able to use lo low dovetail Rings the scope is 1/8” off the barrel on my Marauder.

"Brian10956"Mine was just delivered, it’s too dark out to do much with it. It came with a package of nylon washers I’m assuming they are for doing a zero stop. There were no instructions on doing it but I can figure it out. I’ll sight it in tomorrow and report back. I was able to use lo low dovetail Rings the scope is 1/8” off the barrel on my Marauder.
Brian
There is a video by Athlon on how to do the zero stop with the washers. How do the controls feel? Good clicks?
Mine shipped today!!
Thanks

The clicks seemed nice and sharp. I took off the cap to see if it was loaded with grease as in the video I previously posted and it was very clean maybe just a normal amount of silicone on the oring. The zoom knob if very stiff but it was just delivered and it’s 20 degrees hopefully it loosen ups after it warms up if not I’ll add through lever.

"Brian10956"The clicks seemed nice and sharp. I took off the cap to see if it was loaded with grease as in the video I previously posted and it was very clean maybe just a normal amount of silicone on the oring. The zoom knob if very stiff but it was just delivered and it’s 20 degrees hopefully it loosen ups after it warms up if not I’ll add through lever.
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the clicks are good.
Now i must start stalking the Fedex guy

"Buckeye"
"Brian10956"I have one on the way to me now expecting it on Wednesday I ordered the mil version. On you tube there is a video on a couple of fixes.
Brian
I also ordered the mil version, haven't had one before. I liked the reticle better because the mils were numbered, easier to find the right line.
I saw the two fixes you sent, pretty easy. Hopefully they fixed the problems before we get ours.
Thanks
Guys, 

I am thinking about switching from my Hawke to an Athlon for the consistency between reticle and turrets, and have been debating going with MIL (like you stated, I prefer the more detailed reticle) or the MOA (I understand MOA maybe a little better). Is it hard to covert your thinking into MIL to get used to using this scope? I’m really torn between the MIL and MOA versions of this scope so I’m looking for any insight from actual users to help me out.

BTW: if it matters, the scope is going on my RAW HM1000x, in .25 cal polygon/.30 cal gun.

Thanks,

Sean

"SMH77"
"Buckeye"
Brian
Thanks
Guys, 
I am thinking about switching from my Hawke to an Athlon for the consistency between reticle and turrets, and have been debating going with MIL (like you stated, I prefer the more detailed reticle) or the MOA (I understand MOA maybe a little better). Is it hard to covert your thinking into MIL to get used to using this scope? I’m really torn between the MIL and MOA versions of this scope so I’m looking for any insight from actual users to help me out.
BTW: if it matters, the scope is going on my RAW HM1000x, in .25 cal polygon/.30 cal gun.
Thanks,
Sean
Sean,
I received mine on Sunday and really like the Mil reticle. 
Like Brian said the numbers on the hashes make it a hell of a lot easier to reference if not adjusting.

I have not done a ladder test yet, but the scope is clear and stays accurate throughout magnification range. The reticle is really nice, and switching to mils shouldn't be a problem, it is easier.

This same scope is available in the classifieds here and a good price, especially with Athlons warranty.

Good luck
Scott

Thanks Scott! I ended up buying the one in the classifieds. I was tempted to get a Helos (for the turret locking) after I dug in a bit, but figured I'd start off with the used Argos and then pass it down to my son or daugther (and upgrade mine in due time). With the FFP and consistent units (between turret and reticle) its like a light went on for me: I don't need to know the distance or anything-simply pick something to shoot at, aim there take the shot-measure where the pellet went (with the reticle) and dial in the correction on the turrets directly from what the reticle is telling me. Couldn't be any simpler than that! No math in my head, if I need to see it better-ZOOM in and measure it! Duh, this is going to be an absolute no-brainer to use-hallelujah!

Finally-exactly what I wanted-a simple way to take a shot, read the results, adjust and be dead on again! Unless I'm missing something or over-simplified the process???

Mine will land on Monday-can't wait!

Sean

"SMH77"Thanks Scott! I ended up buying the one in the classifieds. I was tempted to get a Helos (for the turret locking) after I dug in a bit, but figured I'd start off with the used Argos and then pass it down to my son or daugther (and upgrade mine in due time). With the FFP and consistent units (between turret and reticle) its like a light went on for me: I don't need to know the distance or anything-simply pick something to shoot at, aim there take the shot-measure where the pellet went (with the reticle) and dial in the correction on the turrets directly from what the reticle is telling me. Couldn't be any simpler than that! No math in my head, if I need to see it better-ZOOM in and measure it! Duh, this is going to be an absolute no-brainer to use-hallelujah!
Finally-exactly what I wanted-a simple way to take a shot, read the results, adjust and be dead on again! Unless I'm missing something or over-simplified the process???
Mine will land on Monday-can't wait!
Sean

Sean,
You are going to love this scope. 

I am really impressed in how well it preforms. I can focus on an object at 10yds at full power and see everything. 

You will find yourself not even using the dials, once you see where it hits just move to that mill line.

Let me know when you get it uo and running.
Scott