• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AT44s-10 tuning

I am looking for a tuner to go through my 25 AT44-10...a person who I can send my rifle to and trust to have it back in a timely matter.i also do not believe in paying for the service until it is finished and ready to be shipped.i am looking for more power with the 25.39 JSB pellets in 18 shots,a regulator would also be considered.the rifle shoots great as is but more fps would be nice.it now shoots 810-830-810 over the 18 shots...thank you.

"ohio_hunter" I am looking for a tuner to go through my 25 AT44-10...a person who I can send my rifle to and trust to have it back in a timely matter.i also do not believe in paying for the service until it is finished and ready to be shipped.i am looking for more power with the 25.39 JSB pellets in 18 shots,a regulator would also be considered.the rifle shoots great as is but more fps would be nice.it now shoots 810-830-810 over the 18 shots...thank you.
First one likely isn't going to happen in today's age, unless you have someone who is local to you.
You do NOT want to add a regulator to the Hatsan if you are looking for power. The Hatsan is actually one of the easier guns to tune. You really are modding the valve, which is removed when you remove the air cylinder. There are ports all around the valve. Close off all but the one that lines up with the transfer port, then enlarge that one.
You can get a cylinder with the valve for under $100. The mods are well documented on the web with pics and instructions.

If you want it done fast you will have to do it yourself. You can get the performance you are seeking but it will require a lot of work in a AT44 short. The air cylinder is fairly small (180cc) so to get regulated power and a decent shot count a lot of modifications must be made. I have this gun and mine is tuned to get 20 shots at 890 fps regulated. I fill to 230 bar and fill up after two magazines. I had to get a larger reg plenum made, a SSG system, peek poppet valve seat, valve modified and smaller stainless steel probe. I also have a carbon fiber sleeve bonded to the barrel for accuracy. I like it a lot and it's very accurate. Truth be told there is a lot more work in the gun than I could ever get if I decided to move it. So to answer your question - it will be very hard to find a tuner who will put this much work into a gun and do it fast. It would be easier to do a valve modification and tune the hammer tension to get 18 high power shots without adding a regulator.