• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

At What Point Does Pellet Weight Matter

I've been reading the posts about which scale people are using to weigh pellets. Some of which are very expensive, very precise and accurate. I have two American Weigh 100g x 0.01g Digital Scales which I bought on Amazon for under 10 dollars each. Each of them confirm the weigh of the other and as long as i place the Pellet in the same spot on the scale, the readings are very precise. Most of my pellets are within .01 grams of each other but some are off as much as .05 grams. The pellets that are off by over .02 grams are put into the plinking pile. The others i hold onto for confirming zero and hunting.

What difference in weight do you deem significant enough to consider a pellet not capable of holding accurate groups along side a pellet of standard weight?

Well for competition even though the pellet's in the gun are very accurate some people way them just so they can get the most consistency. The way they measure groups on target's these days are with a computer so every tiny thing matters. If your pellet is off by .007 of a gram that could reflect on the target a little bit, and every little bit counts. So they are just eliminating another thing they might have to worry about and staying surgically accurate.
Leo : )
Ps. Some people also use them for giving away 2200$ guns. :D