• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Aselkon MX-9, Turkish PCP Rifle in .25 cal

I got an MX6 (.22), I think it is the same as the MX9 but with a different stock.

Only had one time to check for accuracy and it is pretty good considering it was a windy day. Was shooting bottle caps at 75 yards without issues once I got it ranged..

I have two issues:

1) It is only 24-25 fpe, I would like it to be 32-33 fpe.

2) Regulator and set up is bad.. I got 105 shots on the regulator but had an extreme spread of 85+ fps.. Not good for a regulated gun.

It has a linear downward power loss of about 1 fps for every shot.. I think the hammer is set too high and the regulator set too low.. As I shoot it, the regulator goes from 120 bar down to a little over 100 bar then drops off the reg.. I think if the regulator was 130 bar and the hammer adjusted properly things might ok.

YouTube Shooter1721 did a review and his suffered from the same issues as mine in that his dropped 54 fps in 45 shots then he stopped.. He said that he was shooting ping pong balls at 100 yards and did a good group at 50 yards..

I bought mine from Arigun Archery Fun in Canada and Wes is a great guy.. He is going to take a regulator and take it apart and check everything and set it up per my preferences (32-33 fpe), then shoot a few strings to monitor the extreme spread and if it works out ok, swap the regulator with mine..

I believe if I get 80 shots with an extreme spread of 15 fps I will be happy.

Workmanship and detail are more than satisfactory for me.

I saved some money by, buying it from Canada...

I got an MX6 (.22), I think it is the same as the MX9 but with a different stock.

Only had one time to check for accuracy and it is pretty good considering it was a windy day. Was shooting bottle caps at 75 yards without issues once I got it ranged..

I have two issues:

1) It is only 24-25 fpe, I would like it to be 32-33 fpe.

2) Regulator and set up is bad.. I got 105 shots on the regulator but had an extreme spread of 85+ fps.. Not good for a regulated gun.

It has a linear downward power loss of about 1 fps for every shot.. I think the hammer is set too high and the regulator set too low.. As I shoot it, the regulator goes from 120 bar down to a little over 100 bar then drops off the reg.. I think if the regulator was 130 bar and the hammer adjusted properly things might ok.

YouTube Shooter1721 did a review and his suffered from the same issues as mine in that his dropped 54 fps in 45 shots then he stopped.. He said that he was shooting ping pong balls at 100 yards and did a good group at 50 yards..

I bought mine from Arigun Archery Fun in Canada and Wes is a great guy.. He is going to take a regulator and take it apart and check everything and set it up per my preferences (32-33 fpe), then shoot a few strings to monitor the extreme spread and if it works out ok, swap the regulator with mine..

I believe if I get 80 shots with an extreme spread of 15 fps I will be happy.

Workmanship and detail are more than satisfactory for me.

I saved some money by, buying it from Canada...

I to want to do some tuning on the MX9, Wes had this setup at about 38 FPE, but I also feel it could be tuned slightly to achieve a better output. I'm going to try and attempt it myself, this gun is my learning gun. Plus I plan on refinishing the stock, I find the finish is probably the worst part about the unit so far. Very basic and lightly coated. I plan on stripping mine and giving it a grey walnut finish.

Enjoy your tuning journey. Hope you achieve your goal.

As far as my MX6 is concerned.. I think the regulator is toast, but the issue may not be just the regulator, it also could have some issues with the output valve and maybe even the hammer. If the hammer or output valve are not smooth in operation they can also cause inconsistent velocities. They may need to be removed, cleaned and polished and re-lubricated. Tuning is one thing but isolating and troubleshooting is still yet another.

I don't have any issues with the finish, If I were to do anything I would probably just "French" polish it with shellac to a high gloss.. Shellac finish is also very easy to touch-up if need be. Dries in minutes, not days.

I think Aselkon quality control department needs to be turned up a notch. I think if the consistency was there (like it should be), then they would be great mid-priced air guns, and be a good competitor with that price point.

I’ve also bought an MX6 rifle recently in .25 caliber. The regulator in my rifle was difficult to remove but once out of t rifle very easy to adjust by turning it counterclockwise by a half turn brought the pressure up by 50 bar. The hammers are extremely heavy at over 80 grams and the springs are on the light side IMO. I replaced my hammer spring , with no preload and am now getting much better consistency with an ES of about 15 fps . I’ve also opened the porting to .2” from the .160” it was shipped with which helped with getting the power up quite a bit. Last thing was to address the valve poppet. I should have taken a picture but didn’t get a chance. The delrin type plastic poppet is way too big and blocks most of the air flow with less than 1/8” gap between it and the valve housing. This will get changed to a Peek poppet soon for easier opening not to mention a lighter hammer. I think they have a decent base of a rifle but a few design flaws. I should mention that the barrel is stellar , way better than what I expecting and a matter of fact better than the LW barrel I have fitted to the rifle now. 

That is super. It does have a good foundation but with some quirks.. I agree with everything that you said.. As with any hobby, you take it to a level of your interest.. My interest is, I put air in and pull the trigger.. I don't get into tinkering, modifying, fixing etc.. I can't setup at one given distance and punch holes in paper for 200 shots at a sitting.. I check the chronograph number to see what it is doing. Find a good shooting pellet, sight it in and then plink, I like to shoot bottle caps at 80-100 yards or anything that moves or blows up when I hit it.. I just want to get an air rifle and shoot it, not fix it..

I spent a good part of my life fixing mistakes and blunders that engineers made, not into that anymore..

That is super. It does have a good foundation but with some quirks.. I agree with everything that you said.. As with any hobby, you take it to a level of your interest.. My interest is, I put air in and pull the trigger.. I don't get into tinkering, modifying, fixing etc.. I can't setup at one given distance and punch holes in paper for 200 shots at a sitting.. I check the chronograph number to see what it is doing. Find a good shooting pellet, sight it in and then plink, I like to shoot bottle caps at 80-100 yards or anything that moves or blows up when I hit it.. I just want to get an air rifle and shoot it, not fix it..

I spent a good part of my life fixing mistakes and blunders that engineers made, not into that anymore..

I typically feel the same way, not a huge tinkerer type... however sometimes you just have to deal with short comings and make adjustments.