• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun Technologies Are all problems with me !! Vulcan 3 .22

There must be something wrong with me :rolleyes:.

Again advised a user to buy VULCAN 3 in .22 with unchoked 700mm barrel for shooting slugs.

The gun came and we tested it. It's as accurate with .218 slugs as it can be.

But another issue popped up.

When the user pull the cocking lever back to cock the gun, the next slug that comes inline with the breach, falls down into the cavity where there is the pellet probe. The cocking lever and probe gets jammed.

When we keep the gun completely horizontal while cocking or keep the barrel down words then everything is fine.

This is to the extent that even if the barrel is slightly upwards, the slug drops and get jammed.

I disassembled one of the magazines and increased the spring tension but of no use.

I also wrote to ATG.

The main punch of their reply is as following,

"We recommend keeping the barrel parallel to the ground. Sorry, but we cannot offer any other option. Thanks for understanding".
So now I am trying to understand. Anyone can help please?

Screenshot_20240514_212010_Gallery.jpg

I have the same on my .177 Vulcan 3
You for sure do not want to have it aiming up very much when cocking the thing.

THB though not confirmed yet, but i fear the same might be the case with the Epic airguns Two rifle, just not gotten around to confirm it as i have shot it with single shot tray, and right now my barrel are back at the factory.

The AGT Vulcan magazines have a 2 slot opening, so when you have the one slot engaged / chambered and ready to go, the next shot sit right there in the #2 that have no back stop, so it can potentially just slide right out the back.

Reactions: BABz58
yeap whenever you point something at AGT, their answer is that you are the one to blame or they throw a silly excuse just to get on with it. we get it they have simple designs and guns that shoot ok out of the box, BUT they are heavy with noisy actions, a pain to tune and their support is horrible why make a hunting gun that can only be shot horizontal and tell us is ok just move the gun to cock it and lose your oportunity to shoot a pest

Reactions: mubhaur
I also wrote to ATG.

The main punch of their reply is as following,

"We recommend keeping the barrel parallel to the ground. Sorry, but we cannot offer any other option. Thanks for understanding".
Just exactly how are you supposed to hunt with a rifle that you have to keep parallel to the ground?

I have to wonder if AGT has any idea how many sales they kill with this kind of customer service. I am looking for a new rifle and the Uragan WAS in the lineup. It may not have this same issue - but if I ever need customer service I want something other than a "too bad you bought our gun" response.

I did not have this kind of trouble with my Vulcan 2, I wonder if they changed the magazines? I don't recall if I ever shot slugs with it though?

Jerry

THB though not confirmed yet, but i fear the same might be the case with the Epic airguns Two rifle, just not gotten around to confirm it as i have shot it with single shot tray, and right now my barrel are back at the factory.

The AGT Vulcan magazines have a 2 slot opening, so when you have the one slot engaged / chambered and ready to go, the next shot sit right there in the #2 that have no back stop, so it can potentially just slide right out the back.

I can confirm 100% this is an issue with the Epic two in .177 as I’ve had it myself but can’t confirm if it’s an issue with other calibres

Reactions: Peashooter
My friend Steve from AVS slugs and myself have had the Vulcan 3 in both 22 and 30 cal as well as the epic 2 in 25 cal. Steve always uses slugs in the bigger diameter / longer catagory that the gun and barrel can accomodate. In doing so, we never experienced this issue. We did have this problem with another brand , not sure which, so I don't wish to guess. The issue involved space between the mag and the breech where it allowed the slug to "tumble" while being seated, and jamming potentially if one did not completely cock and cycle the gun in a complete and smooth manner.

Reactions: zx10wall
yeap whenever you point something at AGT, their answer is that you are the one to blame or they throw a silly excuse just to get on with it. we get it they have simple designs and guns that shoot ok out of the box, BUT they are heavy with noisy actions, a pain to tune and their support is horrible why make a hunting gun that can only be shot horizontal and tell us is ok just move the gun to cock it and lose your oportunity to shoot a pest
Maybe support is horrible in Cyprus. In the US, I can help. I am no longer officially associated with AGT but I do service the platforms.

Just exactly how are you supposed to hunt with a rifle that you have to keep parallel to the ground?

I have to wonder if AGT has any idea how many sales they kill with this kind of customer service. I am looking for a new rifle and the Uragan WAS in the lineup. It may not have this same issue - but if I ever need customer service I want something other than a "too bad you bought our gun" response.

I did not have this kind of trouble with my Vulcan 2, I wonder if they changed the magazines? I don't recall if I ever shot slugs with it though?

Jerry
AGT isn't worried about sales. They sell tons to Arabs through Kuwait. They also sell a lot of PCPs in Europe.

There must be something wrong with me :rolleyes:.

Again advised a user to buy VULCAN 3 in .22 with unchoked 700mm barrel for shooting slugs.

The gun came and we tested it. It's as accurate with .218 slugs as it can be.

But another issue popped up.

When the user pull the cocking lever back to cock the gun, the next slug that comes inline with the breach, falls down into the cavity where there is the pellet probe. The cocking lever and probe gets jammed.
@mubhaur , I'm sure you'll come up with a slick resolution to the issue. I've seen you do it before on several manufacturer's offerings!

Try one thing please. Keep the magazine upside down and then push the slug upwards with allenkey.

When I did it holding the magazine in my hands, two slugs dropped down as I pulled down the allenkey.

There may be some factor of length of slug or dia involved.

When complete magazine filled and held downwards without pushing the slugs as you have done, no slug dropped in my case too.

We can see that many users have agreed to this issue in this post.

I wonder why someone didn't mention it on AGN before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy