• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

AOA fixes problem inaccurate fill gauge problem with FX Boss

I purchased an FX Boss from AOA a few months ago, and found that my shot strings measured on a chrony were not as long as those advertised by FX. Paying more attention I noticed that the pressure gauge on the Boss was reading 30 Bar high compared to my fill station, which would cause me to underfill the gun (to 220 Bar instead of 250), leading to a low shot count.

Fixing problem was all done by email. AOA 1st asked how did I know that it was the Boss gauge that was wrong (I'd not told them about the shot string). I'm lucky that I have two cf tanks, and responded that the large gauges on these read the same, while the Boss gauge gave the same error with each tank. They then shipped me a replacement and problem fixed. Thanks AOA.

I wonder how common a problem this is: the FX Boss gauge is small, but clearly marked, and it was tempting to use this as a measure of fill pressure, and also to know when to refill the gun. A 30 Bar error is pretty big.