• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

AoA all the way!

I'm always leary of buying used guns, no matter the pics or description you get. I've seen some nice guns on the pre owned page on AoA's site, and this one caught my eye. I was debating on the purchase for about 2 or 3 days, kept adding it to my cart and then taking it out.

Well I told myself on memorial day, that if it was still there, I'd buy it. Pretty steep price for used, but it was described as 95% like new, so I figured worse case is send it back.

So I whipped out the card, and dropped $570 on one of my dream guns. I've wanted one of these for as long as I have been into PCPs. I'm glad I spent the money, because it is almost perfect condition, and has a very nice stock for being beech.

I know this is old hat to alot of guys, but I'm excited for this one! Check it out!
20230608_164215.jpg

I'm now the proud owner of a MINT condition BSA Ultra SE 22 cal. Got lucky on the wood, it has better grain than the walnut stock on my scorpion.
20230608_164233.jpg
20230608_164242.jpg
20230608_164245.jpg
20230608_164231.jpg

This is the 2nd gun purchase I've had from AoA, the first was my Akela, and this pre owned. I've been pleased with their service and will definitely consider another pre owned from them in the future... like an Air Arms s410 carbine walnut would be great!

Have an athlon Neos 4-12x40 coming for this little guy, and will probably opening up to about 18 fpe, it's a 12 fpe model.

Anyhow, thanks for reading and let me know how your experience has been with AoA!

Dr. K

Congratulations on your sweet little BSA Ultra. Will be on the lookout for your future posts on it.
Thanks! It was like Christmas when I got home. I plan on dialing in a good tune, and getting some nutters soon. Have 3 I've got my eye on in the mornings, but they show up right as I have to hit the road for work.

Well Dr. BSAenstein, they are definitely a nifty little gun. I have one and it was my entry into the PCP world. I bought it when it was introduced. It was also my first venture into turning an unregulated gun into a regulated one. Mine is a .177 and its shot count was amazing without a reg but the power was not amazing. With the aid of Mr. Sterne I got it acting like a spot on regulated gun and perfect power for its size. The icing on the cake was when I built a HDD for it. Didn’t like the can look on my gun so I went with a shroud and it’s absolutely silent. It’s the only gun I own that I will never sell. It’s extremely accurate. I’ve watched my dad take starlings with it way farther than a .177 should. Don‘t be a power monger and enjoy it.

Well Dr. BSAenstein, they are definitely a nifty little gun. I have one and it was my entry into the PCP world. I bought it when it was introduced. It was also my first venture into turning an unregulated gun into a regulated one. Mine is a .177 and its shot count was amazing without a reg but the power was not amazing. With the aid of Mr. Sterne I got it acting like a spot on regulated gun and perfect power for its size. The icing on the cake was when I built a HDD for it. Didn’t like the can look on my gun so I went with a shroud and it’s absolutely silent. It’s the only gun I own that I will never sell. It’s extremely accurate. I’ve watched my dad take starlings with it way farther than a .177 should. Don‘t be a power monger and enjoy it.
I'm going to be building a blast tamer(HDD) for it in the near future, but I pulled the valve restrictor out and it went from 11 fpe to 14.5 with crosman premiers. Plenty for 30 yard pesting. I'd like to see a bit more, but I'll hover here for a bit. I'm sure the transfer port is restricted and can be drilled, but I dont want to lose too many shots. Still getting 40 shots at 14 fpe.

Reactions: bf1956
I owned a BSA Super 10 that shot better than any other gun i own . The way they do barrels is spot on , enjoy .
I have a scorpion that's a laser beam with just about any pellet I try, and likes 27 grain HN .218 slugs when I crank it up to about 45 fpe.

I added a home brew moderator to the ultra and my athlon 4-12x40, hoping to get some good groups today.
20230609_211922.jpg

The scope not meeting to the end of the stock makes my OCD twitch, but I can always get the 4-16x40 talos which will be right to the end of the forestock. Just move the neos 4-12 to my notos, it's begging for more glass than the bugbuster it has.

Last edited:
Reactions: bf1956