• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone tried this scope?

Has anyone tried any of the Sniper scopes? I’m wondering about the clarity, turret adjustments , etc

Has anyone tried any of the Sniper scopes? I’m wondering about the clarity, turret adjustments , etc

All I can tell you is that some people don't think they require accuracy/precision as much as the next person.

When it comes to optics, you can spend lots of money on "low cost" scopes and you may find that they work for your accuracy/precision requirement level.

However, my own journey with scopes, and I was told the same thing I am saying to you now, is that I wish I had all the money I spent on lower quality scopes so I could, NOW, invest in a HIGH quality scope(s).

As "Hans and Frans" would say, "Listen to me now, (you will) believe me later...". (chuckle)

Last edited:
Calbarry,
Got the same scope Hawkeye mentioned after his and some other positive reviews. I was also favorably impressed and continue to be. Agree this is a great scope for the money, have it on a Taipan Veteran .25 Long and together they're formidable for pesting. I'm currently waiting for the Uragan 2 to arrive at Krales, would not be averse to looking at the Sniper line of scopes for it. WM

Just picked up a Sniper brand VT3-12x40. First impressions, for my plinking <50Y, seems fantastic, especially in daylight. It is FFP, and has IR, so I’m sure if the need arose, it would work well. So far, I’m extremely pleased. Now, I’ve only had it for a week. I don’t have a feel for the long term quality, but for $150, whatever.
If you are wanting something for competition, hunting or pesting, ot where it truly mattered, I would see the need to pony up the big dough like many do. Once you look through quality glass, Swarovski, etc. you can find it quite displeasing to go with a budget scope. My $0.02…

Once you look through quality glass, Swarovski, etc.... you can find it quite displeasing to go with a budget scope. My $0.02…

Listen to Gr7Recreation now — believe him later....
As would Hans & Franz say....

So, I don't even live close to a location where they sell "quality glass" north of $1000. Much less twice or trice as much as a Swarovski sets you back. 🤣 So, not a problem I'm likely to have soon.

But I shoot a $200 Discovery scope very similar to the Sniper, likely came from the same factory....
And for killing pest pigeons it has been quite adequate, for over three years.
And that's with clicking elevation for every shot. Some of those kill to 60y and more.

🔸 So, my advice:
▪ Don't look through a thousand dollar scope.

▪ Buy a medium level scope ($200-500), shoot it a lot, and see what you like and what you don't like — your personal preferences: Make a requirement list, like: SFP or FFP, field of view, top end magnification, turret type, reticle type and thickness, weight, length, max. elevation adjustment, MIL or MOA, glass quality, etc.

▪ When that scope breaks, or you have money left over, or you really don't like what you have — go buy the "quality scope" if you must.
Or — another spope in the $200—500 price range, just now with the right specs and features.

🔹 My story:
(1)

I bought a package deal (gun + scope) — which I found out, wasn't even an airgun scope (no parallax adjustment, no usable reticle/turrets).
I was dumb as .... (manure).

(2)
I bought my first airgun scope. $100.
Used it.
Found out what I didn't like. And what features I really wanted.
Made a list of essential requirements and nice-to-have's.

(3)
Assembled a list of scopes that met most requirements — using the Scopes Specs Tables.
Had a serious talk with the piggy that serves as my bank — to decide on my budget.
And bought a $200 and a $400 scope.
Both are still in frequent use, they are still very good — because they ✓ all my boxes.... 😊

(4)
Over the years I have added new ✓-boxes — for different shooting scenarios. I'd like to reach out to 200y — so I'm looking for a 27x or 30x top magnification.
I started killming (killing and filming thereof), so now I would like a better glass quality. But my ✓-list keeps serving me in deciding among hundreds of scopes which ones would serve me best....

Matthias

Reactions: Gr8Recreation