• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone seen the new umarex havox hunting pellet

"RollingStone"I'm curious what the impact speeds need to be to get expansion like they show in the pictures. Hard to believe a copper pellet will expand like that when lead ones hardly do. I've never been mad enough at anything to spend over a dollar a pellet to shoot it !
I brought a expensive pack of 100 pellets and the got stuck in the gun don't know if it was the pellets or the gun.

"unionrdr"I was thinking groundhogs, raccoons & coyotes & head shots with those in .22 or .25? Interesting how they seemed to have channeled Shakespeare's Mark Anthony, " ...cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war"...
For brain shots, exotic pellets aren't needed. A regular old dome will work fine. The expanding ones are for when you want to do a lot of damage on a chest shot, rather than just having a pass-through with a dome.

I suspect these won't shoot well out of most guns, and so the price will pretty much make them an immediate flop. (mark my words!) We'll get a lot of sponsored reviewers saying things like: "They're not match pellets, but on small game inside 25 yards, they're DEVASTATING."

Well most of us will over spend on most things to do with our hobby? And I have who knows how many tins of different head sizes and weights of too many brands of pellets to count. And if these new pellets are the "best shooting pellets" ever made?(they are lighter than lead for the same size) Then we would have to try them for hunting. But at 60 cents a pellet it wont go for the average shooter or me for that matter ;) .Makes you wonder how much it would cost you to test them at different ranges?