• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone know where I can buy these?

Hello there. I’m looking for custom sized stop pins. They fit in the trigger block of my springer (pictures below) Anyone know where to buy them? What hardware stores sell them? 

image.1629232774.jpg

Regards

Find a machine shop in your area and ask for dowel pins that fit the dimensions of your pins. Or as mentioned measure with precision measuring tools ( also found at local machine shop) so you can buy, find, locate same size pins. If they are longer you can always cut / grind them shorter. Probably metric in size but both metric and sae size dowel pins are readily availiable at the afore mentioned sources like McMaster Carr.

i agree with the drillbit option ... hardened, come in every size, and cheap .. all you need is a dremel to cut and shape the ends, and maybe a bottle of gun blue for a finishing touch ..

Drill bits work but be carefull as they will break easily due to being extremely hard. Notice how easy it is to snap a drill bit, have had it happen just dropping one on a concrete floor. Dowel pins and the pins used in airguns are case hardened, only the outside is hardened with a softer center so they are much harder to snap off or break. If these pins are part of a cocking mechanism, I would hate to have a pin break in the middle of a cocking stroke!! If they are used as a location pin for a trigger then there will be no serious pressure to cause the pin to break. what does the pin do???

i agree with the drillbit option ... hardened, come in every size, and cheap .. all you need is a dremel to cut and shape the ends, and maybe a bottle of gun blue for a finishing touch ..

Drillbit is an option, but then again I also have pin punchers that fit. What I need is a dowel pin smaller than the one shown so that it can be placed as I compress the springer. The issue I have right now is that as I compress the spring, in this Diana 34, the trigger mechanism also compresses which ends up blocking the dowel pin insertions as I align it with the dowel pin holes already placed on the receiver block of the air rifle.

The dowel pins I have right now wouldn’t work as they are made to fit the trigger block and the receiver block. I need one that just fits the trigger block and doesn’t protrude as I compress the spring.

So if I'm guessing right, you're just trying to make dummy pins to put in the trigger pack to keep everything from compressing while you re-install, then when it's where you want it, tapping the factory pins back in will make the dummy pins slide out the other side.

If that's the case, any rod real close to the same size as your factory pins will work, just cut them to size so they don't stick out and you should be set. Should be able to find something in the hardware aisle of your local Ace, Valu or well stocked hardware store.

So if I'm guessing right, you're just trying to make dummy pins to put in the trigger pack to keep everything from compressing while you re-install, then when it's where you want it, tapping the factory pins back in will make the dummy pins slide out the other side.

If that's the case, any rod real close to the same size as your factory pins will work, just cut them to size so they don't stick out and you should be set. Should be able to find something in the hardware aisle of your local Ace, Valu or well stocked hardware store.

Thank you. I will try this.