• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone interested in Linotype Ingots for Casting?

A guy came in the gun store the other day and mentioned he had 3k lbs of lino he needed to get rid of. He is retiring from his spin casting biz. He has either 27 or 3 lb ingots and would be willing to ship. He mentioned .80 per lb.

If you are interested shoot me a message and I'll supply his email address.

E

If I were still casting for centerfire pistol rounds, I would love to have about a ton. Alas those days are gone, but linotype is some darn hard lead, you can shoot it faster than soft lead without it leading your barrel up … trouble is it doesn't mushroom out like soft lead does, has a tendency to shoot right through … course you could cast wadcutters or semi wadcutters and get a fair amount of shock value or energy to be imparted. Makes good .45 acp rounds, .45 long colt, 45/70 rifle rounds and 9mm rounds. I used to go to garages and get wheel weights for practically nothing and use them … also had a printing shop in downtown Charlotte where I could get some.