• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone here tried a Diana 340 N-tec yet?

For some reason, it's pulling me. Beautiful stock shape, medium power gas piston, German manufacture. Only thing missing is a moderator.

I wonder if they still have the huge Diana barrel droop?

On another note, I see they're also trying to sell Diana's recoil-absorbing scope mount. I'm skeptical that it can hold zero as tightly and as long as a fixed mount, but there's a lot to be said for not pounding the hell out of one's scope. Scopes can be made lighter, for example.

"Smaug"For some reason, it's pulling me. Beautiful stock shape, medium power gas piston, German manufacture. Only thing missing is a moderator.

On another note, I see they're also trying to sell Diana's recoil-absorbing scope mount. I'm skeptical that it can hold zero as tightly and as long as a fixed mount, but there's a lot to be said for not pounding the hell out of one's scope. Scopes can be made lighter, for example.
Nueces picked up a 350 N-Tec a couple weeks ago. Give him a shout... I would think the mechanics and the stock are the same.

@smaug...Jonnes walked me through polishing the internals in my 340 N-tec luxus pro compact ( he has it too ). I'd give him a shout as well. Its my ONLY Springer out of 7 rifles ( I hate springers! ) but this baby is a keeper. It has some punch to it...Not sure if that's up your alley in a springer from what I gathered in your other posts. Stocks are beautiful. The trigger might as well be on a highend pcp. Harmonics are nice and tight...you're not thrown all over the place. But I manly kept it because it's accurate as hell!

"Smaug"For some reason, it's pulling me. Beautiful stock shape, medium power gas piston, German manufacture. Only thing missing is a moderator.

Given what I've read of your posts the 350 definitely won't be your cup of tea. Somewhat harsh shot cycle. I don't mind it at all but I'm not much of a target shooter. I have that Diana drooper shock absorbing mount on my TX and it seems pretty good. Probably not good enough for one hole pellet on pellet type shooting. I've got one on order for the Barnwood Baby coming ( JWR special 300s ) and I'll give it a whirl on that. Jonnes really likes his 340.

Mine did not come in the walnut stock. Just beech but it's decent looking.

@Nueces...will do.
No problem at all with the high mount (utg droop compensator mount). I put a cheap ($125) NC-Star AR scope on it first just to see how much damage this thing would do to a scope before mounting better glass. But it held up and I became such a good shot with the circle dot/mil dot reticle combo that I kept it on . I actually like the " somewhat harsh" shooting characteristics of the N-tec...feels very contained if that makes sense.

"ddransoml"@smaug...Jonnes walked me through polishing the internals in my 340 N-tec luxus pro compact ( he has it too ). I'd give him a shout as well. Its my ONLY Springer out of 7 rifles ( I hate springers! ) but this baby is a keeper. It has some punch to it...Not sure if that's up your alley in a springer from what I gathered in your other posts. Stocks are beautiful. The trigger might as well be on a highend pcp. Harmonics are nice and tight...you're not thrown all over the place. But I manly kept it because it's accurate as hell!

You had to do that... dang it! Just when I had squashed my springer lust for another Diana... That's the one I've been watching and you just had to go there... Aw well, at least you didn't post any groups, whew, I'm sweating.

"ddransoml"@Nueces...will do.
No problem at all with the high mount (utg droop compensator mount). I put a cheap ($125) NC-Star AR scope on it first just to see how much damage this thing would do to a scope before mounting better glass. But it held up and I became such a good shot with the circle dot/mil dot reticle combo that I kept it on . I actually like the " somewhat harsh" shooting characteristics of the N-tec...feels very contained if that makes sense.
Same here even with the 350. I guess my brain ( used to shooting truly recoiling pwdr burners ) is capable of separating out springers and pcp guns behavior. Yes the pcp is nice. They are so comfortable it makes you lazy. But I hardly notice the 'chank' of the N TEC. Really doesn't faze me. As long as I can put the pellet where I want it within reasonable accuracy and precision I'm fine. I like that I can shoot a soup can full of water with the 350, blow the water into the air and have a big hole on the other side. %^)

The 340 N-Tec Premium Compact has been taken out of production, no answer why just a confirmation by GSG/Diana. It's by far the best gasram rifle I've ever owned, it's accurate, well built and looks gorgeous! Polishing the internals will make it shoot even better, less recoil, higher muzzle velocity and a nice dry 'TOK' sound. Don't use grease on the piston by the way, use graphite powder instead.

It has some barrel droop, but not as much as other Diana's. I had to shim the scope with one piece of aluminium from a soda can to compensate. I haven't tested the Bullseye mount by Diana, I bought a Sportsmatch dampa mount for the same reason, not sure if it will hold it's zero. No problems with my scope so far, and I've shot well over a 1000 pellets through that gun.

Oh, and the T06 trigger, it's the best non-match trigger out there, bar none! And I'm a competition shooter and use mostly match rifles, the T06 comes pretty close to one when you do the adjustments right. You won't regret buying one, I guarantee you! ;)