• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone ever bought carbon tanks direct from China?

Saw where these tanks are $85.00 direct from China, I am thinking of ordering one.

If its not DOT approved i'd be leery. 4000+ psi is nothing to mess with. Have a compressor? If so i'd look for a used US-built tank. Even an expired one would probably be better.

Thanks for the advice. Here is one place aliexpress.com.

I've heard that Acecare makes a quality product. AFAIK they are NOT DOT cert. so you'd have to fill it yourself. And, no one will hydro-test it. What size is 85bux? All the ones i saw ranged from 150-300bux plus a hefty shipping fee.

They do make DOT cert tanks as sold by timmy mac, they will not sell a DOT cert tank to you directly. They will sell to the U.S. the CE tanks and then you would hope it is exactly the same assembly line ( one would think so right?) at a value price. And then you need your own booster/pump for home use, some chance you could hit rules/regulations at a match or range. I have seen an informed ( about airguns ) PB Range Master refuse to allow a 10m pistol with expired cylinder but wouldnt think it too common.

The price has dropped SO much it seems worth it to purchase something DOT certified. The peace of mind is worth the extra dollar. If you shop well there are many good used scba tanks that are dot certified and in hydro for under $200. Not a full 15 years left but at least you know what you've got should you personally decide to run it after the expiration date.

To me it's worth buying a used one every 5-10 years.

John

I have two 7L Acecare tanks. I have no trouble getting them filled by my local paintball shop for $6/fill. They have not caused a single issue in the year plus I've owned them. I consider them one of my smarter air gun related puchases. I went ahead and ordered the valves from Acecare as well just to make sure everything fit correctly. They work fine but are not of top-notch quality. If I remember correctly, the paintball shop I fill mine at had trouble connecting to the male fittings and replaced them for me.

I have two 7L Acecare tanks. I have no trouble getting them filled by my local paintball shop for $6/fill. They have not caused a single issue in the year plus I've owned them. I consider them one of my smarter air gun related puchases. I went ahead and ordered the valves from Acecare as well just to make sure everything fit correctly. They work fine but are not of top-notch quality. If I remember correctly, the paintball shop I fill mine at had trouble connecting to the male fittings and replaced them for me.

Good to know. Glad its working well for you.

I have one Acecare 9L tank with DOT certification. I wanted to get 12L tank, but 12L tanks cannot pass DOT certification (they only pass CE). This makes me think that CE might be easier than DOT. I also trust DOT more because EACH cylinder is tested and certified, while CE is more of a program certificate that does not test every cylinder.

Acecare has a major problem though: they really skimp on shipping costs. My first cylinder was wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap and a single thin cardboard box. It arrived with deep gashes and scratches, so Acecare had to send me a new one. New one was also packed terribly flimsy but fortunately it arrived in nice condition. 

If you order from Acecare, ask them to double box and double wrap it.