• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone else spent way too much money on this hobby?

Most of my PCP's are under $300 and I only have a few of them. But the 4,500 psi carbon tanks and filters/compressor were kinda pricey. Then there's all the AR500 steel targets. However that all pales in comparison to the cost of the ranch I bought (in part) on which to shoot.

Add it all up and It's starting to sound expensive! But the ranch is an appreciating asset, so all things considered, I'm making money on this hobby..... right? In fact I should really buy a few high end PCPs to balance things out, otherwise people might think of me as greedy with all the money this hobby is making me :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Perle
Wow, and I've seen a photo you posted of your gun room with springers hanging off the two walls from floor to ceiling. What four are you adding to your stable?
HW 30 .20 stainless? Still don’t know if available in .20. HW50 .22 125 yr. Annivers. , HW77 long .20 cal. and HW98 .25. All needed. Crow

Reactions: Bud-sc
Well that's what the other hobby is for to pay for this hobby metal detecting beaches....with gold right now it doesn't take long to have the $$$$ for a rifle. Dental gold is another thing we find on the beach too.View attachment 464670View attachment 464667View attachment 464668View attachment 464669View attachment 464666

Gold is good. I prefer silver for various reasons. Cryptos are where I've made the most profits on investment and we should be having a great late 24 into early 25 when it comes to that.

BTW that second picture, in the palm of your hand. Are you sure you didn't pick that up off the street outside a "medical" dispensary? :oops:

Gold is good. I prefer silver for various reasons. Cryptos are where I've made the most profits on investment and we should be having a great late 24 into early 25 when it comes to that.

BTW that second picture, in the palm of your hand. Are you sure you didn't pick that up off the street outside a "medical" dispensary? :oops:
Lol 🤣 not the beaches are playgrounds but also burial ground for a lot of people. People usually take the ashes of there love one take them to there favorite places or in this case beach.

Reactions: Eharper
Ever since I got a daisy powerline 880, I was hooked. I already spent way too much on various air guns, I just gotta have the best of each category, BB pistol, PCP Pistol, Springer rifles, PCP rifles. I gotta stop.
Well, to me, a cruise ship or a beach condo for a week is a waste… as afterwards I have nada to show for the clams I spent. It’s simply a matter of what matters to you and what creates the most joy in your day… different for everyone.
Handbags, jewelry, shoes…. Oh my.

I have spent about $2500+ in the past 2 weeks getting into this 'hobby'. I have bought all 'mid level' items. Instead of thinking how much I spent, I like to think... I could have spent a lot more.
How much we spend is generally connected to the number of zeros we are using on a day to day basis

My wife says yes, I just discovered this forum and PCP air rifles a few days ago. After a few google searches lead me here I felt like there were a ton of options, and started to think there were too many out there to even pick 1 to start. I ended up calling Tony over at Talon Tunes for his recommendation. He has me set up with a Taipan Veteran II standard, Pump, Tripod, and a Helix 6x24x50 ffp to start. He was great about explaining everything to me and said he would set everything up so I could go plinking as soon as the rifle arrives. Not a cheap date, but I feel pretty good about the purchase. Now by reading posts from everyone else, I'm afraid this is the first purchase of many.

Reactions: Justaguy
My wife says yes, I just discovered this forum and PCP air rifles a few days ago. After a few google searches lead me here I felt like there were a ton of options, and started to think there were too many out there to even pick 1 to start. I ended up calling Tony over at Talon Tunes for his recommendation. He has me set up with a Taipan Veteran II standard, Pump, Tripod, and a Helix 6x24x50 ffp to start. He was great about explaining everything to me and said he would set everything up so I could go plinking as soon as the rifle arrives. Not a cheap date, but I feel pretty good about the purchase. Now by reading posts from everyone else, I'm afraid this is the first purchase of many.
For me? This is a very cheap date. 😂

And, this is not a flex. I just have deeper PCP OCD.

Last edited: