• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anybody use dove decoys/hunt over decoys?

Hi all! Earlier this week I went out to the local sporting goods store and bought myself a mojo dove decoy to try out now that dove season is on in NM. I took it out and man, did the doves eat it up. I mean I could be standing up waving my arms around and they'll just keep dropping in. I had a flock of around 10 birds pitch in before I had my gun out of the case and ready(shotgun hunting FYI). The mojo was around $30 and I think if you don't live in a target dense area this maybe the trick to getting more birds.

I usually use two mojos landing into about a dozen regular decoys. If you have a small dead tree clips some in there as well. it really helps bring them in close for a high percentage shot. I never would have thought it worked if I didn't see it for my own eyes. I used to use it in cut wheat are sunflower fields but it worked great on the Puerco River here in the desert as well.