• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any slug manufacturers taking advantage of the extra deep magazines that the panthera has yet?

Yes, yes! Longer heavier slugs tend to have higher BC when designed correctly.. Higher BC equates to Further shots and more energy at those distances. That is as long as it is still stable

Allen
I bet Dubber will be hustling buns to get some longer Javelins on the market. He wants to use a ballistic tip too he has mentioned several times in videos. Takes time to get new things to market though.

Of all people you would think those guys would be the first. But wait...

Wouldn't the Fx Halos have to hit the market before this new longer, higher BC slug comes out? 😁

Allen
Yeah I dont recall the exact timeline but I think it took a couple years for Dubber to go from concept to actual product on the shelves. I bet either late this year or early next year Javelin has something bigger. Nielson has some heavier for caliber options, and the new H&N Heavies are pushing the length too.

I don't have one yet so i cannot measure it for myself. I dont see any actual numbers yet either. And worst I don't know if the fx panthera can even push them fast enough for that matter. Wishful thinking?

Allen
Keep in mind the BC is more the length/design than the weight. So slug manufacturers can and will make similar weights with more length for a higher BC, and have similar velocities. But I think the new Dynamic Breech will be able to push slugs with plenty of speed.

@Airgun-hobbyist according to FX the new "Dynamic Sideshot Mags" will allow for an additional 2mm of ammo length. So Id guess 11.5-12mm? We have used 44 grain H&N Heavies in factory Impact Sideshot style mags which are ~9.8mm.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
The last time I measured the 40 gr javelins gen 2 were 11.62, they actually dragged on a older version of Elis5713's extra deep mags. His newest version does not drag. Note however this is for the impact not the panthera.
20221224_150000.jpg

The zans are 11.08

20221224_150107.jpg

But single loading into the impact breach will allow still longer slugs. Without mods there is almost 14mm, the locating ring is a little over 1mm in height.

Allen