• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

any shooters?

Im getting back into shooting again. Are there any air gun shoots around the Appleton wi area. I cant seem to find much around this area. Sure seems like there should be a lot of airgunners in this area but seems like a dead area for shooters. Im waiting on part to finish up my compressor then I will be ready to shoot... If the weather ever gets better. : ) So if you can point me in the directions of shoots or just want to say Hi that would be great. 

Hello from Pewaukee, WI. This is all I could find for WI shooters.

Screenshot_20220501-124644_Facebook.1651427302.jpg

Richard. When I started shooting I had 1 club to shoot at an hour away. It shut down a year later. The next club nearby was 2 hours away and shut down at the same time. After that I was stuck driving 3-6 hours one way to shoot field target. It wasn't great so I took it upon myself to find people and places to shoot. It was a few years later but another shooter took up the cause with me and we started Connecticut Air Gunners in 2017. Five years later and much promotion has added 2 more clubs on the books, with three more in the oven. 

What I'm getting at is don't wait for someone else to start a club if you want to shoot. Also don't quit if it doesn't happen right away. It's taken 8 years to bring Field Target back to New England. It shouldn't take you that long with 2 active clubs in the state. If you have the will.

I feel your pain Richard. The upper Midwest is far from a hotbed of airgun activity but there are a few of us scattered about. I belong to MAFTA and our small group holds a field target match at Oakdale Gun Club on the 2nd Saturday of each month. OGC is located in far-eastern Minnesota just off I-94 and several of our members drive 2 hours one way to attend and shoot. Your drive would be longer but if you have any ties to the Twin Cities this might an option. Our wooded range is quite beautiful and we always welcome new shooters. Uj