• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Any Montana airgunners?

I use fire station #1 and its the main fire house. I wouldnt go so far to say it has anything to do with skin color I mean you dont even know what color my skin is. I do know you always get a different guy filling the tank so some may be more hard line or worried if they are allowed to fill the tank. Last time I got mine filled they both were out of the yearly visual inspection but they got filled and the guy didnt pay much attention to the tanks at all and it was a Saturday. I will find out next time I need a fill if things have changed recently or not. If it gets hard to get a fill I will buy a compressor. I already have to drive 50 miles to get them filled so a compressor would be a good investment anyway.

if the main fire house is the one by the UM, sandwiched in between a hotel and the highway then that’s the one I went to ( to my knowledge the only one that fills scba for Missoula, at least what I was told). It wasn’t a fighter that told me no either it was the front desk ladies... I several times I dropped my tank off on a Friday night and picked it up filled Saturday or dropped it off before work and then picked it up after. Then al the sudden the front desk lady is telling me no we can’t do that anymore if your using it for Airguns cause it’s a liability...(I can buy a gun right now from cabelas but I can’t get air from the station?) really rained on my parade.... i don’t wanna ruin anything for you but if you do happen to tell em that your filling your tank for airgun use id like to know if they keep filling for you or if they tell you no. Because if they do keep filling I’ll want to politely ask a higher up what is wrong with me that you won’t fill my tank but someone else’s you will. I hope it has nothing to do with my color, but I’m willing to bet your white and probably 40+, look respectable. I’m colored, in my low 20’s and have lots of piercings and tattoos haha but anyway, I figured I was the only one in Missoula that even filled my tanks for airgunning. 

42... yes I am white but I have tattoos. I never deal with the desk I only talk with the firemen and go upstairs fill the tank then pay the desk lady the $10. Theres a couple guys who shoot airguns in the area but I dont know where or how they fill other than one swat officer who got fills at the fire hall. What do you use your airguns for? Pests, fun, target shooting? Not many people around this area that shoot airguns that I know of.

I live South over the hill in Idaho, so it was a 300 mile round trip for me. Got to the fire house and was also told NO.
After telling one of the pleasant desk ladies I also was a volunteer firefighter (TRUE) the day shift captain hooked me up with several tanks I had.
Had I not already been in Mizzoo on other business,it would have been a bust. The dive shop did not have an SCBA fill adapter and as stated earlier could not do 4500 psi anyway.
Being told NO had nothing to do with skin color or age or ink or piercings just their policy.
The local fire extinguisher company was no help either
I have bought a compressor and don't worry about it anymore.