• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

any drozd pcp owners here?

1579050200_11333806325e1e64d819a0a1.28332940_FEE1BDD5-F949-4EBE-B933-6EAC31FA6C22.jpeg
That would be Mason Dawson at ([email protected]), he rebuilt my Drozd and it is really hot...4000 rpm! It sounds like a Vulcan cannon at that speed. You can also pick different shot bursts, my favorite is 5 shots in one burst. It’s quite accurate too, you can set it at single shot semi automatic and just riddle a ping pong ball size target at 25 yards. I’m not positive because I don’t have a chrony but I’m remembering it shooting at about 1000 fps. It certainly hits really hard! Mine is just a hopped up Drozd, the one in Mason’s video is his own “Freebird”. It’s definitely on my want list...and it’s obviously totally insane!😁

• Love
Reactions: DOOMRIDER
This is Mason. Thanks for letting me know about this thread Dave. I posted on this site a few years ago, but I don't think I was in business then. I haven't been posting here because of the AGN advertising policy. I have recently wanted to advertise on AGN, but I couldn't figure out the email contact link to get in touch with whoever is in charge of that. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. Also way off topic, but Dave has become an email friend of mine. He is an awesome metal artist, and I loved his work so much we traded services. I still love all of my pieces, and can't wait for the new lamp Dave!

• Love
Baikal was still making the Drozd up until about a month ago. I haven't been able to find out exactly why they stopped manufacturing them. I imagine the US was their biggest customer until the 2014 sanctions. I felt really bad for Ray (Drozdmax) when all that went down. He got a raw deal from the man. It will be interesting to see what happens to their price now. Although it lost popularity with availability I would say the whole concept has come a lot further since then compared to when they were popular. Speaking of, there is something coming out in a few weeks that will be a game changer for Freebird.

Baikal was still making the Drozd up until about a month ago. I haven't been able to find out exactly why they stopped manufacturing them. I imagine the US was their biggest customer until the 2014 sanctions. I felt really bad for Ray (Drozdmax) when all that went down. He got a raw deal from the man. It will be interesting to see what happens to their price now. Although it lost popularity with availability I would say the whole concept has come a lot further since then compared to when they were popular. Speaking of, there is something coming out in a few weeks that will be a game changer for Freebird.

Yeah that was a bummer about Ray, I bought a few things from him years ago. He pretty much disappeared overnight.

I was still in contact with him up until about six months ago. He went back into doors, and windows just about the next day he got his letter from the government. The kicker was normally when a US citizen is harmed in business by sanctions on a foreign country the government is supposed to compensate that person. He shared the letter with us on the BB Machine Gun Owners Group Forum. It said all of this in the letter, but it also said in this situation no compensation would be given. I ended up buying the Blackbirds, and barrels he had left. I hopped them up with Sergey's Boards all decked out. I'll post one of those videos below if I can find one. About a year ago he was cleaning out his garage, and asked me if I wanted the rest of his Drozdmax parts. All he wanted was shipping. He said it was going to take him a long time to pack everything up, and I spoke to him a few more times. The last time I heard from him he sent me a text message with a picture of a full flat rate box saying something like the first box was done. Since then he really has disappeared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI0Bf1FSJGM

• Wow

what is coming? something better?

I'll try to remember to post it here, but it will definitely be on my channel. As for accuracy I'm not really the best to answer that especially about single shots because I hardly ever get to shoot them more than about ten feet into a pile of moving blankets. Dave was giving me some single shot numbers yesterday though so you might want to ask him. One thing about shooting high fire rates is somewhere around 3K what happens is you get the bb's close enough together they will draft each other, and land in the same spot a lot further than a single shot down range. You can think of it like turning on a hose. The following video was sent to me from one of my good customers. He claimed 100+ yards, 5Krpm, 1800psi. I don't have any reason to doubt him. Just fast forward to 13:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxGE4irUGOs

steve123, Yes they are amazingly accurate! Not like a good pellet rifle, but at 15 to 20 yards it’s pretty amazing. You can set it for a three shot burst and those three shots go off so fast it sounds like one shot. And they all land within about a ping pong ball sized target, sometimes even tighter! Tomorrow I will set up a 20 yard target and shoot some groups at different settings and then post the results. And whenever I figure out how to post a video I’ll definitely do a video of the Drozd in action. And I’ll tell you what, a BB stream at 1000 FPS is absolutely incredible! These things will saw a coconut in half 😲!