• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another Vulcan Lover

AJ3

Apr 24, 2015
Can't really say much that hasn't already been said regarding the new Vulcan. I purchased the 25 with an Aeon 6-24 scope and simply love it. Shooting consistently 928 fps with JSB Kings and one ragged hole at 35 yards for me using only shooting sticks for a rest from a chair. Action smooth, able to easy maintain sight picture between shots cocking with left hand and trigger right.

I don't have much experience to compare it to other than my only other Bullpup...Evanix Max ML 22.

The Vulcan feels almost half the poundage of the Evanix and more like a pistol than a rifle. The sound is about equal for the two with a fairly loud "ping" but the Evanix is a 22 and Vulcan a 25 which says a lot. I am fine on my 5 acres but wouldn't recommend it in a suburban development. The Vulcan is exactly what I was looking for in a high powered compact varmint rifle that would be easy to transport and shoot from an ATV. My only complaint so far is the scope to barrel distance which is inherent with bullpups. Mine is 2-5/8 inches and will just require thinking through the pellet trajectory before pulling the trigger.

Congrats AJ3 that is a great looking Vulcan. Your wood even seems to have a little more character than some so enjoy! You have the exact same set up that I have on order so I will be following your continued reviews....get the hint? Keep posting about your Vulcan man, we want to hear everything! Vicariously we live thru you! (those of us who have ours on order).

More seriously though, just from the pic, it looks like your .22 scope height is greater than the .25 vulcan scope to barrel height? How do you like the AEON on the Vulcan? Does it feel top heavy? What about the eye relief vs cheek position? How about the adjustments? How do you like the vulcan sound? How about the action? Like loading the mag? sorry. too many questions.

by the way 35 yards off of shooting sticks with one ragged hole is some very nice shooting on your part as well!
Congrats and share more of your thoughts pleaaaasssseeee?

"FunGun"Congrats AJ3 that is a great looking Vulcan. Your wood even seems to have a little more character than some so enjoy! You have the exact same set up that I have on order so I will be following your continued reviews....get the hint? Keep posting about your Vulcan man, we want to hear everything! Vicariously we live thru you! (those of us who have ours on order).

More seriously though, just from the pic, it looks like your .22 scope height is greater than the .25 vulcan scope to barrel height? How do you like the AEON on the Vulcan? Does it feel top heavy? What about the eye relief vs cheek position? How about the adjustments? How do you like the vulcan sound? How about the action? Like loading the mag? sorry. too many questions.

by the way 35 yards off of shooting sticks with one ragged hole is some very nice shooting on your part as well!
Congrats and share more of your thoughts pleaaaasssseeee?
The scope height on the Evanix is a little over 3" and I am rescoping it with an SWFA fixed to reduce the weight and bring the height down to a little over 2.25". My main issue is that the excess scope height makes close in shots way low and it is sometimes difficult for me to compensate when a ground squirrel pops up 10 yards away from me. Just need more experience I guess.
This is my first Aeon scope and I really like it so far. It is just as clear as my Hawke tactical (on FX Revolution). The weight seems well balanced on the Vulcan and I really do like the 4" of eye relief...works perfect with the Vulcan cheek rest. The eye relief seems much more forgiving than all of my other scopes and great for bullpups. The only negative is that the scope turrets don't lock so you have to be careful. The action on mine was smooth from shot one and didn't have any difficulty cocking and loading pellets. I like the magazines. They are spring loaded but the pellets just drop in...much much simpler than my Revolution mags. Even though don't have any close neighbors, still like a quiet air rifle. The Vulcan is strange as it is not loud but just a high pitch ping almost like ringing a bell. Don't think close neighbors could hear it inside but outside, they would definitely know something was going on and probably find it annoying.

"30cal"Aj3 the ping is the high pressure air resonating in the air reservoir. Very comon on guns with cylindrical air tubes. There are depingers for many guns that you can buy. Or some even make home made ones. Just need somthing in the tube to disrupt the vibrations. Might check to see if one is made for your gun.
Wow, never have caught a discussion on depingers before...just googled and found much. Thanks...Will have to think on it. Not sure I am up for doing it myself,

Some find the ping annoying. My Marauder had it but went away when I installed a regulator. Some people just cut a short length maybe an inch long piece of vinyl hose or two sliced lengthwise and inserted in the air tube maybe at 1/3 and 2/3 the way down, you can play with the spacing. This disrupts the air bouncing back and forth. That's a D.I.Y. option. Cheap and easy to try. I did try it and got rid of about 80% of the ping. It is nice to make the gun even quieter.