• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

another problem with Wildcat 22

Thor is sick again. just got it back from AOA a week ago. came back with a new regulator and adjustments. chrony sheet in the 880's. 
​after the first tin (jsb 18.1) dropped to 780 fps. now after another tin it is @680 fps. the accuracy is not affected . it is a smooth regulator. pellet on pellet. even within 1 " @ 50yds.
​however I've got 4 dot drop @50yds. originally 25 zero and 50 was within 1/2". valve seems to hit hard but it was like that when It came back from AOA.

​anyone have any suggestions?? I can' t and won't be paying $60 shipping on this unit. I don't feel or hear leakage @ barrel o ring. looking for some experienced advise before I call AOA again. 

Slight correction, just to get your terms right? Noticed here recently including Tominco both of you are mixing up the accuracy and the precision.

1. your accuracy is poor because the POI is all over the place as you empty the cylinder. the relationship between POI and POA is accuracy. the difference between the actual and should be value. Not necessary the middle of the crosshairs (you can alter this with the turrets for example)

2. your precision is more like a statistical spread of the groups size. can be OK if you look at groups from few shots ONLY. But again with your symptoms if you shot a full string/full bottle fill onto the same POA you would know precision will be also bad.
probably shot to shot it is OK but you will ever know where the next shot goes if you filled the gun before using it. will you. pretty much useless gun.

if you have a working regulator (and everything else in the pcp) pellets should just stack on the previous pellets.
up until the point when the gun comes off the reg, this is when groups (precision) gets slightly worse -power can be still the same for a few shots(depending on power setup it can be quite a few shots) or very little change in fps but groups WILL get slightly bigger. they open up.

then when later on power drops off, all goes bad, both precision and accuracy. does not sound like you have a consistent power plant in that piece, also does not sound like they addressed the original problem when they had the chance.

following you info. getting more specific. POI and POA are Accurate ie: the same. I am just troubled that my gun came back shooting 880 and on the pin head. (heavy hammer/ valve hit.)
​since then fps had dropped excessively. I am going to include target and chrony if I can figure out how. 
​you will see accurate target (misses are me @25 yds.. I got tired after 130 shots. still shooting accurate with no drop off. my main complaint is my drop @50 yds and out that is my main shooting. see what you think and let me know. Thanks Keyman
abd61b838d1645b0c9d5f4161cded888.jpg
dcaabad56338de3f815eb633bad185a3.jpg

​\

When you spend $1,500+ for an airgun, this sort of problem should never happen, especially so when it was supposedly fixed once before—brand and/or repair site personnel notwithstanding.

While I realize about every other post here on the Nation is FX related, about all those posts have done for me personally, is to steal my preference away to some other brand than FX. 

Keyman

Have you checked the transfer port for proper alignment? The. Barrel slips into the block and must be lined up properly and the grub screw snugged. Otherwise the air flow will be pinched off and velocity will drop.

How do I know this? Hate to admit it, but I rotated the barrel on my Wildcat out of alignment due to repeated removal and installation of the LDC. My velocity dropped way off same as yours. 

Hope this helps.

Matt

"Dairyboy"If it's been continually dropping maybe it's been slowly backing out?? Wouldn't hurt to try the HS adjustment
Have had this happening to mine. You can use a flat “rubber” (its not actually rubber but some sort of rubberlike material) washer used in plumbing that you screw against the back of the HST. (Make 2 small holes in the washer across from eachother, and a little tool from a round piece of wood with 2 small nails sticking out that line up and fit in the holes so you can screw the washer in on the threads. As the threads are cutting onto the washer it’s a little difficult to start, but will go eventually) Or drop Ernest Rowe a message and he’ll make one out of delrin. Easy fix. 
Worst solution (but works fine too) is to use some locktite on the HST.

"CHUCK"So are you going to install a Huma Regulator or just keep fighting with the factory one?

And what is wrong with the factory regs? I have well over 32,000 rounds through my regulated Royale 400, over 8,000 rounds through my regulated Boss and my brother's Royale 400 has close to 20,000 rounds through it and none of these rifles has regulator problems. None, zip, zero!

FOLLOW UP. ​ THANKS for all the help. AOA installed a brass (I assume it is replacement ) hammer nut/screw. DID NOT use any thread securing material. screwed IN 2 round and came up to 885 average of 8 shots. 3 max spread. I think WE found it. catalogue and remember!!! I'm going to play with grouping to make sure that is optimum (it was before) and then secure the threads. sure is helpful to have your own chrony. as with all services and repairs start with the simplest and most basic first. invariably it is the one!

Good to see that a simple problem - the HST screw working itself out - had a simple solution.

When I had a similar problem, it turned out to be the barrel twisting over the transfer port. Same as Matt247365's problem.

I replaced the barrel holding grubscrew with a pointy one, which sat snugly in the barrel indent.

The factory grubscrew had a cup end, which did little to stop the barrel twisting.