• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Another coon gets bulldogged

yep, this critter was 20lbs+ no doubt .. stopping by my chicken coop it had a little accident and ran into a predator polymag

20231002_222427.jpg

With your great shot placement a 20 fpe 22 would work just as well, even a 177 would have worked. That's the perfect example of the perfect brain shot. The coon instantly drops, soon after the front legs do not move only the rear legs start twitching. If you ever see the front legs moving, quickly follow up with a lung shot, or it may run away.

Reactions: dizzums
I too have a Bulldog. Had Brian Thurman at Veradium Air give it all the upgrades and a mild 120 fpe tune. Nothing walks away from the Bulldog. I love the simple effectiveness of it. Fill it to 3000, shoot 5 shots,-refill. No regs to fool with, and holds air forever. I shoot 81gr pellets-120 gr slugs.
i like the polymags, just ever so slightly more accurate than jsb/fx in my gun anyway ..

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Alright, enough with the head shots. You got a .357, so let's put the power to good use, and let's see some raccoon bodyshots! 😃
Good bodyshots even with a .357 airgun they are likely to run up to 25 yards or more! Maybe using a 125grain JHP from out of a 357 mag rifle into the lungs will anchor them in place.

Good bodyshots even with a .357 airgun they are likely to run up to 25 yards or more! Maybe using a 125grain JHP from out of a 357 mag rifle into the lungs will anchor them in place.
I've anchored them with Polymags and NSA 110gr slugs. Just put it through the shoulder either on entrance or exit.

I need to try the poly mags in mine. If accurate at the distance one is going to hunt at, they are devastating.
i find them accurate is the main thing, that 'makes' them devastating .. and they tend to slice a clean hole which makes them penetrate a bit better .. any pellet of the weight size and speed the bulldog spits out will flatten to the size of a quarter if it hits something solid .. its that penetration i want, i want to be able to go in the back door and reach vitals haha ..or if its a headshot and misses disabling the brain it can pass through into the body and still get down to something important .. smaller gun wont do that, but the polymags help, slice right in there ..