• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

".....and so it begins!" or "A strange gun in a stranger land!"

My quest to beautify my first American 1377 starts today. Almost. The pretties have arrived, but not the internals so..... hold those horses.
I was a bit shocked at the arrival of the Crosman because the box had a huge hole in with the breech bolt sticking out. I mean, here I've paid £XXX for delivery of this including the £20 to the registered gun store on collection and the things' been smacked.
Hole...
http://raggedybird.com/temp/hole.jpg
http://raggedybird.com/temp/p2.jpg
And the externals so far discovered....
http://raggedybird.com/temp/p1.jpg
Everyone says Crosman have 16" barrels but I didn't see any on their site or on ebay.
Once the internals get here I'll begin on this one. There's still another one in the mail "out there somewhere".
I'm quite impressed with peoples Stock mounted 1377's so we'll see how we get on with this start out and then progress. I'm sure there are pitfalls just waiting for me to fall in. :)
Thakyou to those who've replied to my requests for information.
I learn.

I found one.... :) On its way.... I also bought a Chronometer as I've read all that you guys post and it's really intriguing seeing you work your way up to getting the output so fast. 
I never knew there was such seriousness in the pellet used either. Now I see why some are £3 a tin and some are £24 a tin. Strueth.... my education soars.
A very nice muzzle arrived today.
A steel hinge pin with brass outer screws (Hoorah :p ) for the pump so I can get rid of that disgusting steel roll pin thing. Whats that all about??? 
Strange for anyone to include that on "Americas Favourite Airgun." 

Also in the mail today, a very nicely finished brass trigger. Looks a little pale so might be ally-bronze, who knows. S'as good as brass. Looks sweet.

I also got the front and rear end brass caps for the "housing chamber".
I think all that's left to arrive are the barrel and flat-top internals.

Incidentally. I did say I bought 2 1377's. For the first time today I pumped them up. 1 is fine. The other hisses after the first pump and wont hold pressure. So that went back in the mail this afternoon. Ah well.

I want the missing bits and I WANNEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p I wanna play.

So far so good.
Some eye candy. Least for those who love the Traditional 1377's. THIS then is what I visualised.
A lil length on the barrel, not too much. A fancy muzzle, a gleaming breech and some woody bitz.

RIGHT
LEFT
OLD

The internals... get this...
I have tracked them from across 5 states of the USA.
They get to London Heathrow.
They get to Scotland.
They get to Mabole which is completely the wrong Post office which is 28 miles away instead of Girvan which is about 8.
On the tracking screen it reads.... "DELIVERED!".
But not to me. :(
Some dimwit postman has cocked up on the final 10 mile stretch to my grounds and , I'm informed by DHL / Royal Mail.... its a 3 to 6 week investigation process.
Can you believe this?
Sigh!

"Postman Pat And His Black And White Cat"...............lol where did that come from? I never even seen that lol
I googled mapped your area Wow lots golf course and lakes which are called lochs reminded of loch ness for some reason had to check that out probably miles miles away from you though nice country.Satellite imagery is fun.
Yeah I don't like DHL either but for me seem to be only tools that get sent though them lucky i guess wouldn't be so bad if it dint cost extra for whatever,
Never had em mess up that bad though.Could be worse they could say you received your package and that's it end of story.
Now you have time to study more information on modding 1377's into a picture of beauty, procession and an engineering marvel.
have you ever read this
http://www.airgunsmith.com/downloads/files/-_Airpits_-%2013xx%20HotRod.zip
I like how he uses stock parts to achieve some results no such luck with the stock pump piston though.

Reactions: Armstrong
Hi Bhbeyes and Bill... Interesting PDF on the Crosman 13xx. I enjoyed that. yes, I'm interested in degutting this thing and doing wehat ever makes it smoother. Longer lasting really. Plastic and coarse rubber piston cups don't do it for me.
I am dead keen to find out who has my internals kit. I ordered a full valve and flat top piston pack with all the trims. Cost me over £128:00 so someone somewhere has a bunch of pots that mean totally nothing to them. And I have postman working on it this week ELSE.................... I will re order it all and count my losses.

Actually, it was a recorded tracked insured delivery so..... its costs will turn up eventually anyway. It's just bitterly disappointing. :(

First time I've ever done anything like this and I have to say..... I have always loved air arms and fire arms but this turning the Gun into something Steampunk is delicious.
I cannot deny that I've already ordered two more 1377's and have some space age and alternate steampunk designs I now just need to (A) Buy or (B) make the parts for.

Thanks for your encouragement Guys. I, too, find the whole topic here very inspiring and fascinating. ;)

(Incidentally, Bhbeyes... here in Scotland I'm right on the river Cree. it runs through our land and the Pike from it are delicious. get a good one between 5 and 12 pounds, poach him in milk and sage..... after a days shooting.... :) Delicious.)

Yup I see the Cree river is one snaky river winding its way up to loch moan Huh? Satellites R Fun
Pike we call em slew sharks up here not the preferred catch that's for sure maybe the BIG ones. lake tout, White fish, pickerel (or Walleye) are the real tasty ones, even Arctic Grayling and something called Inconnu (is a french name pronounced Coney resembles a herring can weigh as much as 68 lbs I've never seen anything under 10 lbs) but here in Canada's Spectacular Northwest Territories those can be caught just out side my door and down the street. Anything else I have to get a plane ride for like Arctic Char, a member of the salmon family and bull trout. Fishing is Great in the Summer with our 24hr day light, Hard in the winter (Ice fishing cold Burr -40 C Average and dark short days.)

Steampunk is nice but how about this for looks Don't ask me how you pump that, it's just cool though. Don't know anything else just remembered the guy.
I don't even know if he's in business any more? Here's the web page http://airgunartisans.com/AABullpups.htm

It looks like something you kill Sharks with. Hah! :D

Postman pat Screws up. (pic)
Found my missing parts. Or the Post Services did. 64 miles north. Dumped at a farm. Forged delivery signature. Postman couldn't be bothered to deliver it to me. So much for the additional £20:00 for overnight delivery........... 4 weeks later. 

A big Oops!
Regarding building my 1377. I put the brass breech on, THEN slotted the barrel into it through the brass muzzle sight. What I didn't realise is that the barrel needs to be dropped vertically OVER the air port so, the barrel stopped short. Slotting it in bumped against the port. I went over it and over it in my mind. Couldn't work out why the pellets just came back out without firing.
It was only when I realised the extended probe didn't lock its rubber seal into the barrel once assembled that I realised my mistake. The probe fell short because the barrel wasn't in snug OVER the outlet port. 
That fixed... it works again. I said I was new. :p and learning.

Fish Envy!!!! ;)
So.. Bhbeyes... your fishing ventures sound marvelous. Here, unless I'm at a Loch (Lake) or River that I've paid for a days fishing (Normally about $5) if I catch a salmon or Trout unlicensed ... its a £2000:00 fine. Oh yes! Prison on the second offence. 

Life is good up North.
But Scotland, unlike England, has a "Right to roam" law for hunters or anyone else really that says you can go anywhere on anyone's land across any forest or woodland or river or cliff or mountain. And its THAT law that makes life here fantastic. The Foresters will check that You're OK. Make sure you've got fresh water. etc etc.
We only have 10.5 acres I shoot in daily but its enough to feel removed and the surrounds are the Galloway Forest National Park over the stone walls anyway so it's not like I'm short hunting grounds. 
I just need to learn a little more.

I thought it looked like something Batman might whip out. LOL but sharks?
Postman Pats Got problems Eh? Must've been stroking his black and white cat? Or something like that?

I Never tried installing a brass breech so not sure what the difference is my Steel breech the barrel seats fine and lines up no problem, my repeater aluminum breech no problem. Mind you I worked as a small engine mechanic so fitting things together is my thing.Oh whats a repeater Breech you ask used to be made by Bryan and Associates now https://www.bakerairguns.com discontinued now SIGH here's a pic
It was great but not using it now its in pieces somewhere? Now the only option for a repeater would be a BNM breech
http://www.bnmcustom.com/products_categories/complete-kits/ which i have on my disco very nice, smooth and sweet.
how did I start about repeater breeches?

Fishing Yeah We Have it Pretty Good have to pay for a license 10 bucks for a year won't starve for lack of fish just need time to go what with winter setting in, small game hunting gearing up, Christmas, that four letter word Work who has time.
The Land up here is Open to Roam sure reminds me of a German tourist that went into the bush he got lost couldn't catch anything to eat when they found him three months later he was skinny but alive. Small community's dot the map but literally there is nobody out past those places and if you can't get on a major water way then its miles and a miles of rugged rocks, dense bush swampy slews, bugs, bears (in summer time) wolves all the time, the odd mountain lion, Grizzly's to the west as well the north central barren grounds,as well as polar bears can be found. Well it can be dangerous up here but hey it's home.