• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

An hour at dusk after doing some paper punching

i decided to add another 5 yds to the scope zero as the paddock I am shooting at the moment makes the extra 5 yds worth everything.
i set out 2 target holders and used the laser range finder to distance 35 yds and set to. It only took a couple of clicks on the Hawke Endurance and once happy looked around the large field to see if anything was about. I saw a few rabbit on the distant side of the field and decided to have a wander. I topped up the rifle at the car from the dive tank and set off. Range finder, rifle and binoculars.
i ended up sitting off about 40 yds from the woodland waiting to ambush a bunny or 2 as they had scurried off with my scent being blown towards them. No other way to approach that part of the field so sit and wait was the tactic.
i saw 2 rabbits come out around 60 yds away and waited as they settled down, a squirrel ran towards them from basically behind me and one of the rabbits ran towards him, 40yds and I put the cross hairs just above his eye and slipped the trigger. 1 down.....
'the other one hopped back into the undergrowth so I lay down and waited. Midges had a feast on my ankles..... Note to self ... Fly repellant needs to be bought.
the other rabbit popped back out about 5 minutes later but stayed close to the edges. I scoped him with the range finder at 58 yds. I put the 2 mil dots of holdover on him and let the JSB fly. The resounding smack as the pellet cracked bone was very satisfying.

love my Air Arms Ultimate Sporter... Decent sized rabbits as well

first rabbit from 40 yds. Nice shot just the the side of the eye.

just to the side of the ear. Perfect kill shot on a rabbit at almost 60 yds, really happy with these 2

time for a cuppa 

Reactions: Aftica