• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Am I Too Stupid for Airguns ? ( The Booger Post)

Joe, you're far from stupid! You have been tearing apart old FWBs and rebuilding them which requires mechanical aptitude. I have seen pictures of some of your targets and to shoot precisely without high tech equipment implies a strong fundamental understanding of physics.

And you do this all while dealing with facial nerve damage! Give yourself more credit! I have gone the full range of shooting. I used to have bench rest rifles. Got bored. Designed and sold my own line of laminated traditional archery bows, got bored, studied ancient primitive archery bow and spent years making them! I always went backwards from high tech to low tech because I enjoyed the challenge! Now I have a springer on the way which is low tech compared to PCP. Sometimes simple is better and more enjoyable!

My grandpaw is the person that taught me to hunt. We'd go rabbit hunting when I was a kid. I had my trusty 410 and he had a walking stick. He'd walk up one holler and me another. I'd shot at three rabbits and miss, he'd come back with 2 that he'd whacked with his stick! He always told me that when you can't afford bullets, you starve or learn new tricks. He grew up in the Great Depression and never graduated high school but he was one of the smartest men I ever knew!

Sometimes simple is good. Sometimes when others think you're simple is an advantage too!!! Joe, don't start getting people to think your smart, you'll lose an advantage!!!

chris

On the one hand I shoot competition (50 and 100 meters) with high-tech airguns and small bore fire arms, and where a tenth of an inch can make all the difference between winning and losing. On the other hand I enjoy shooting simple break-barrels just as much. During my military career I shot long distances for a living, and than space age materials and complex calculations can mean all the difference between life and death. Same goes for hunting in a certain degree. Understanding what your rifle does, helps a lot having fun in the field and hitting that target each and every time. Are you stupid when you don't want to be bothered with stuff like that, and just wanna have fun? I think not. Just my two cents. 😜

Hell, at my age, I'll be happy if a scope & my trifocals can help me hit the target @ any range. Speaking of which, I'm having a lot of trouble finding a range to shoot at where I can sit down at a bench anywhere near Sheffield/Avon/Lorain/Elyria in NE Ohio. Nothing concrete so far...just pistol ranges where you stand & fire. Bad hips & L2 say hell no with standing...let alone up straight...

"unionrdr"Hell, at my age, I'll be happy if a scope & my trifocals can help me hit the target @ any range. Speaking of which, I'm having a lot of trouble finding a range to shoot at where I can sit down at a bench anywhere near Sheffield/Avon/Lorain/Elyria in NE Ohio. Nothing concrete so far...just pistol ranges where you stand & fire. Bad hips & L2 say hell no with standing...let alone up straight...
I am a member of Tusco, in Midvale Ohio, near New Phildelphia where the Pyramid Air Cup will be held in a few weeks. Why not come down to the cup and take a look at our playground. Benches everywhere and there are 7 different ranges, everything from a 50 yard pistol range to a 600 yard long range. We even allow morons to shoot machine guns and 50's. We shoot an indoor range in the winter with airguns and it is always sunny and 70. Come take a look. It's not really too far from you, not far south of Canton......................Gary