• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Almost had a heart attack today!

Bummed but relived!
Last night i received my hawke sidewinder and installed it on my .25cal wildcat. Today i went to sight it in and had the gun resting on my matrix stand. I turned away to grab the fill probe
and because of the odd shape of the stock the gun fell off the stand and hit the cement floor! After my wife used a defibrillator to get my heart going again i inspected the gun & scope
NOT A SCRATCH! and shoots great!
What a relief!

Be careful putting your wildcat on the matrix rest!

So Johnp - I read your post the other day and made a mental note.... then forgot. I was just shooting my Mutant Shorty off my Caldwell bags and took my hands off the gun to use my range finder... you can guess what happened. The gun fell off the bags onto a concrete pattio. Fortunately, it landed on the rubber but-pad first, then clattered to the ground... and I mean clattered! The Donny Du fatboy LDC got a scrape on aluminum end cap and there are a couple of minor dents to the stock, but I consider myself lucky, it could have been much worse. The gun is shooting great and only took a couple of clicks to get it back on target. Live and learn!

Been there done that with my Daystate Pulsar .25 with the Pulsar (no relation) Digisight NV scope mounted. That night, I couldn't hit you-know-what! Re-zeroed her and it was all good. Luckily, she fell only about three feet onto carpeting after bouncing off the edge of the pool table, but still. I almost made a good save, but not quite. Both the Daystate Pulsar and the Pulsar Digisight are built tough. (The scope is designed to handle the recoil of high-powered PBs; and the Daystate is, well, a Daystate :).) Evidently, the weak link was the mounts.

If you're in the air gun biz long enough, these things are par for the course. No one respects fire more than the fool who's badly burned, so to speak. Now, I'm extra careful when futzin' around with my rifle on a rest. I batten 'er down with bungees and make sure the rest is sitting on a solid platform.

I'm glad it worked out alright for you; nothing puts the fear of God in a shooter more than your prized possession taking a header!

Chrono table extension for R500 swivels out into a doorway. and to make matters worse action was not screwed to the stock ,which I caught . for 100th of a second -Yes I am a god ,Then nope just another delusional idiot. OMG OMG after the action hit the floor .. missed the trigger ,which was not cocked T-God because at this point I was literally trying to throw myself under it, as the barrel was being pushed back towards me by the brown table top,as the scope and back of gun hit carpet first .Moment of stunned silence then OTG OTG and 0 damage to gun ..My ego was shot ,and is still in the hospital

That's a sweet set-up there, fz1yamaha. I currently have my own version of a mini-shooting range for Chrony-ing (if that's a verb) in my apartment, using a .22lr rimfire bullet trap filled with rubber mulch with bath towels and bed sheets in front duct taped to the frame. But I'm evidently going to have to rethink this paradigm for my new RAW HMx .357 (130 ft-lbf regulated). I was using it for my FX Impact .30 and it worked OK. A little loud, but serviceable. But, the RAW is almost literally twice as powerful as the Impact. It looks like the days of apartment shooting are over for me.

I currently have a Primos Trigger Stick tripod w/ a two-point rifle rest for hunting. If my apartment Chrony set-up will not fly for my new RAW (which is scheduled to ship in four weeks), I plan on buying another Primos Trigger Stick tripod to mount my Chrony on; and do my Chronying in the field. I have it on good advice from Mick-VA, who recently received a RAW HMx .357, that my apartment set-up will be untenable. I was going to go the The Home Depot and get some of those self-adhesive roofing pads to put on the outside of the trap and put some of those plumbers’ putty pads on the inside angle panel, then encase the whole shebang with sand bags to try to keep the bell ringin’ to a minimum. I will test fire one shot into it with my RAW to actually see what the deal is, but I suspect that Mick is right.