• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

All Things PARD Night Vision & Thermal Optics Thread

Flashing the same firmware that is already on the device i just mentioned as a way to test if something proven to work would take to the device.

But i cant say i have seen a device ( camera ) going to " deny firmware update " or that is i have seen that CUZ some times people can load a wrong firmware that will render the system inoperable, but as i understand it your devise are working.
But in those cases the user would have to do bootloader and then firmware, or go VIA connection to the computer and a program like USB direct and then update using a .ELF file ( often systems based on the Ambarella brand SOC )

It is annoying when brands use firmwares with the same name, and so if you Dl them to your default folder in widows, the suffix (1) ASO will be added as there is already a file with that name in the Dl folder, so i have made it a rule to immediately move those filed to folders i have created for the specific camera i am testing.
But in the old days that have caught me out a few times, also after i learned this and thought it was good enough to just remember to edit the file name when put on memory card ready for update, but then the old idiot forget and firmware.bin (1) will not load due to the (1) suffix

Many brands will also not have a list of what have been fixed in this firmware version, even if you are a addict and tied in to the company to some degree you can easy miss stuff.
At least do this so we addicts / dedicated users can see what is going on, and maybe the issues we have personally reported is getting fixed.

Flashing the same firmware that is already on the device i just mentioned as a way to test if something proven to work would take to the device.

But i cant say i have seen a device ( camera ) going to " deny firmware update " or that is i have seen that CUZ some times people can load a wrong firmware that will render the system inoperable, but as i understand it your devise are working.
But in those cases the user would have to do bootloader and then firmware, or go VIA connection to the computer and a program like USB direct and then update using a .ELF file ( often systems based on the Ambarella brand SOC )

It is annoying when brands use firmwares with the same name, and so if you Dl them to your default folder in widows, the suffix (1) ASO will be added as there is already a file with that name in the Dl folder, so i have made it a rule to immediately move those filed to folders i have created for the specific camera i am testing.
But in the old days that have caught me out a few times, also after i learned this and thought it was good enough to just remember to edit the file name when put on memory card ready for update, but then the old idiot forget and firmware.bin (1) will not load due to the (1) suffix

Many brands will also not have a list of what have been fixed in this firmware version, even if you are a addict and tied in to the company to some degree you can easy miss stuff.
At least do this so we addicts / dedicated users can see what is going on, and maybe the issues we have personally reported is getting fixed.
I’m going to try to upload it again for the umpteenth time and see what happens. Not expecting anything though.

Peashooter. I removed the other pard downloads from my computer and downloaded the firmware update again that was given to me by @PARD_Tech and it worked. This time there was no (1) after the downloaded firmware file. Maybe that’s why it took this time. Only problem is, it did not correct the problem I’m having with the scope that I first mentioned in this thread with the attached picture I showed. Anyways thanks for you help. I’ll see what @PARD_Tech says for possible further remedies.

Sweet.
Not much else to do but notify Pard of the issue you still have, and hope they are progressive ( i think its called ) and throw ressources into fixing the problem.

In Dashcams, the majority of brands, well you should not expect much from them in the way of product upgrades and support, there is a lot of launch and walk away brands, so it is best to stay with the 20 or so major brands.
Pard do seem like a major player on the digi scope market, they for sure have a few devises i would like to try out on my rifle.
But that is not going to happen as i do not have a outlet with a lot of stalkers, and i for sure do not do reviews laden with praise.
Also i have 0 experience with digi scopes, so dont even have any kind of experience to compare to.

I just enjoy picking up knowledge, help people that have problems, and enabling people to make informed descensions on what to spend money on.

Dont know about digi scopes, but in the past 10 -15 years in dashcams, things have moved along with baby steps, and still no one made the perfect system, so some degree of compromise is probably needed with most buyers.

Sweet.
Not much else to do but notify Pard of the issue you still have, and hope they are progressive ( i think its called ) and throw ressources into fixing the problem.

In Dashcams, the majority of brands, well you should not expect much from them in the way of product upgrades and support, there is a lot of launch and walk away brands, so it is best to stay with the 20 or so major brands.
Pard do seem like a major player on the digi scope market, they for sure have a few devises i would like to try out on my rifle.
But that is not going to happen as i do not have a outlet with a lot of stalkers, and i for sure do not do reviews laden with praise.
Also i have 0 experience with digi scopes, so dont even have any kind of experience to compare to.

I just enjoy picking up knowledge, help people that have problems, and enabling people to make informed descensions on what to spend money on.

Dont know about digi scopes, but in the past 10 -15 years in dashcams, things have moved along with baby steps, and still no one made the perfect system, so some degree of compromise is probably needed with most buyers.
Gotcha. Like I’ve said the only problem I am having with the PARD scope is it is showing the ballistic holdover in reverse. It shows its correct position in the video playback, but in reverse when viewing through the scope in real time. Like in the picture I showed attached above in this post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peashooter
Well, now another issue has just arisen with this scope. Took it out today for a couple hours to sight in again after the new firmware update was installed. Got all four profiles set and sighted for the different pellets. Everything spot on. All good. Then, suddenly out of nowhere this damn scope will only show a blank and frozen screen when I power it up. Once in a while maybe 1 out of every 20 or so tries after I power it down then power it back up again it will show a normal screen, but for the most part, just a blank frozen screen. No clue what’s causing this to happen. irrItating to say the least. I’m assuming @PARD_Tech is going to tell me it’s a warranty issue. Hopefully he responds to this. The attached picture is what I see through my scope. Picture taken with my iPhone.

IMG_8176.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: WoodWelder
Well, now another issue has just arisen with this scope. Took it out today for a couple hours to sight in again after the new firmware update was installed. Got all four profiles set and sighted for the different pellets. Everything spot on. All good. Then, suddenly out of nowhere this damn scope will only show a blank and frozen screen when I power it up. Once in a while maybe 1 out of every 20 or so tries after I power it down then power it back up again it will show a normal screen, but for the most part, just a blank frozen screen. No clue what’s causing this to happen. irrItating to say the least. I’m assuming @PARD_Tech is going to tell me it’s a warranty issue. Hopefully he responds to this. The attached picture is what I see through my scope. Picture taken with my iPhone.

View attachment 469264
Can’t revert to the old version of the firmware?

View attachment 469264
I've been watching this thread, I sure hope you get this sorted out.......(y)

I've been watching this thread, I sure hope you get this sorted out.......(y)

View attachment 469264
Have you installed the latest software? A gray screen appears every 20 times you turn on the computer? Will the trajectory calculation data and zero be restored?

I have been communicating with you. If the device is really faulty, you can send it to our company for repair or replacement.
I’ve tried everything with it that you suggested. Nothing works. It only comes on now every so often. I finally contacted your company and sent it in for repair or replacement. Personally, I hope they replace this thing.

I’ve tried everything with it that you suggested. Nothing works. It only comes on now every so often. I finally contacted your company and sent it in for repair or replacement. Personally, I hope they replace this thing.
If the problem still occurs after refreshing the software or restoring the factory settings, you can repair or replace the device.

I have a new item as a night stalk for 4K, but it is shorter and longer than NV008SP2. It also has an 800*800 IPS round screen. I am currently looking for suitable partners for evaluation. I am not sure if any friends are willing to try it.
Hi PARD-Tech,
If u have a new product that u need tested I’ll try it out for you.
I have been using a DS35-70 for the last 10 months.
I shoot most nights, a few hundred rabbits a month. Check out my YouTube channel @precisionpellet
Thanks, Pete.