• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Aligning Crosshairs To True Zero?

"FearnLoading"
"BitFrost"Hi! I've got a Hawke Sidewinder 6,5x20 whch I've zeroed at 30 meters and then I unscrewed the caps and then set to zero so I am able to use the turetts without thinking too much:)
How to I find the true zero again?
Do you mean optically centering your scope ? If that's what you want to do, check this video 

The mirror trick is something everyone show learn. It is so easy and works like a charm. Just remember to do the following:
  1. Set parallax to infinity (mandatory)
  2. Set the zoom to it's lowest magnification.
  3. If your scope has and illuminated reticle, turn it on and use the lowest brightness setting possible.
  4. Turn off or dim the lights in the room.
  5. Keep the scope's objective bell flush against the mirror
  6. Keep the scope horizontal to the floor as best you can.
    [/LIST=1]
    Scott

Here's my Mirror method,

Use a small piece of mirror (hand held maybe) but preferably an OLD mirror (thicker glass) and it must be a GLASS mirror folks!.
Place it on a known flat surface outside or if indoors somewhere with PLENTY of light (you wont see anything without an external source of light).
Select 3 coins of similar age (& value ie. the same!!!) and space those under the scopes Obj. Bell, the scope standing vertically on the mirror.
Looking down into the eyepiece you should see the two reticles, being careful, adjust the turrets to align the two reticles seen.

The mirror method is used to obtain Optical Centre (Center) which is just about the first stage for preparing the scope for mounting.
Actual 'Zeroing' of the scope to the Point of Impact follows.

A cruder method of Centring the scope is to count the total number of clicks per turret and divide by half (which you set each on, they may differ).