• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Akela stock finish

I've been putting Royal London Oil on the stock. I have 4-5 coats on now. I might be nuts but I think it's looking better?
Akela Finish With Oil 1.1601587448.jpg
Akela Finish Oil 2.1601587478.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. Brought it to the local gun shop and they thought it looked bad ass. The scope took a little to get used to but now it's seems to be working out ok. Head shot a squirrel at 35 yds. I seem to be doing pretty good at the groupings on anything say 35 and in. Crossmans 14s at little over half power. At 50 and 60 I've been trying the JSBs 18s and the Sniper mags 17.9 and the Gamo competition 21 I have those on full power groupings aren't really that good. I do OK then it seems like they bounce around a bit. It has been windy up here in Indiana. Have a friend that's gonna lend me a chrono then we'll see what's happening. This is my first PCP so baby steps. lol

Yeah, it looks like they put a couple thin coats Of clear on the stock at the factory and the wood soaked most of it up. That’s what mine looks like anyway. I thought about refinishing my stock or doing something with it. But for now I’m gonna leave it alone. I had good luck with the JSB 15.89 grains. The only rest I had was to fold up a towel and put it on top of my grill. But was able to easily get slightly under a half inch at 25 yards.I left mine set on three-quarter power. It has a nice trigger on it also.

I'm in Lafayette, seems like at least 20 mph everyday. That's funny stuff about putting the towel on the grill and shooting because that's exactly what I was doing. I'm looking at a bipod right now. I think that will help me a little.

I learned about that Royal London Oil when I did my TX200 in it which I'm trying to sell now. It turned out nice. It's a 22

gun.1601640697.jpg

I just went out and shot mine again today. There’s wind here in south western Pennsylvania also. I’m starting to get more used to the Low scope mounts but can’t wait for the new ones to come in So I can shoot it more comfortably. I want to get a case for mine too.But the TX 200 looks nice also. You shouldn’t have any problem selling that because I hear they are nice rifles.I only have a couple springers and only like one of them because it’s so smooth shooting. HW 50. 

That looks great. Far better than the factory finish. You've done a great job. I'm going to buy Akela bullpup next month as a second rifle, but I'm going to strip off all the oil finish and and spray it Matt black with some tough 2 pack lacquer. It'll look near as dam it to the FX wildcat, as the stocks are practically identical in shape.

That looks great. Far better than the factory finish. You've done a great job. I'm going to buy Akela bullpup next month as a second rifle, but I'm going to strip off all the oil finish and and spray it Matt black with some tough 2 pack lacquer. It'll look near as dam it to the FX wildcat, as the stocks are practically identical in shape.
That sounds def cool. I just did my Evanix Max stock, this time I used true oil and it looks great. If you want I'll send you a pic to check it out when I get home