• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airwolf MCT .22 and NSA slugs

I've got an MCT shooting JSB 18.13s at 930 fps (Heliboard installed) that is like a laser out to 50 yards. I was wondering if other Airwolf owners had tried NSA slugs and what their experience was at 50-100 and which slugs (weight) you were using

Thanks!

First things first, I don't have the Heliboard in mine. Mine is the stock MCT with just the High and PWR 2 settings. I tried all of the 17.5gr Nielsen slugs in the .216 and .217 head sizes. I wanted to keep the weight as close to the 18.1 JSB's as possible.

My rifle likes the .216's and .2175's but the .2175's are really tight going into the breach. So I settled on the .216's. I'm shooting them at around 916fps and getting 1/2" groups easily at 50 yards. I also have a spinner target at 65 yards and it is very accurate at that range. I don't have my 100 yard area cleared yet so I cant give you results for that. All I can tell you is to get some of the sample packs and give them a shot. And since you have the Heliboard, you maybe able to dial in things a bit better. But to answer your question; yes, the AirWolf will shoot slugs well.

Keith.

Keith,

Thank you for the heads up on the tight fit of the .2175s! I've got the 17.5g and 20.3g on the way in samples of .216, .2165, and .217

Good choice. The .217's may be a little snug but should be ok. What I failed to mention above was even though the .2175's were tight, they still shot the same as the 216's once they were in the breach.