• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

AirMaks KRAiT X Review - BY SHOOTING IT IN A MATCH! (Video inside)

I've been pondering the same. My two biggest concerns are fore-end height and balance. I saw that Kraford and Lypt makes some rails for different guns that extend up past the tank, like a spigot on an Arca rail with a 90 degree bend. I'll put a picture of the model for the Impact down below. The thinking is that if you have a tight barricade, you could rest the little extension that comes out in front of the tank on the barricade. My two concerns are: a) that would make an already butt heavy rifle super rear weighted by resting it past the front of the tank (but for the rare cases where you would need to do this, it might be ok) and b) it's $300 for the Delta Wolf 700cc bottle version.

On the other hand, it has m-lok slots on the sides of the rail so adding weight would be much easier. So my math problem is that I could spend $300 on this rail, $1000 for a .22 barrel and mags and hope that the barrel shoots slugs well. Or put that $1300 towards a FX DRS with the MDT chassis. Or just keep shooting my $500 Ruger rimfire, since my 22 ammo is actually cheaper than most slugs.

Then there is the Avenge-X air tube version with a Saber Tactical chassis. This would be a nice, low profile gun for $800, but the specs say the max power for the .22 is 49 FPE. This would only push a 40 gr slug to 750 fps, so I think some serious modifications would be necessary. The .25 goes to 60 fpe, but that's still pretty anemic. And I still feel a little burned on the Avenger that I bought when they came out. It's been sitting in the corner with an air leak for about a year that I haven't bothered to figure out.

kl.png

Reactions: woogie_man