• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Airgun USA/ Martin Rutterford

I had an issue today where I could not close the bolt on my RAW TM 1000x built by Martin. It was an operator malfunction and no fault of the rifle. Via texting Martin asked for pictures and took the time to walk this novice through the fix. It made my day. I highly recommend Martin and his product. I don't think it can get any better.

Was checking out his website last night, really leaning toward ordering a 20 fpe rifle from him for FT. Not a "need" (the Wolverine I used this year is fantastic) so have been waffling... but you may have given me the nudge I needed 😁.

Needed or not, never a bad thing to buy from a top craftsman. Not many left, and I don't just mean airgun makers!

Needed or not, never a bad thing to buy from a top craftsman. Not many left, and I don't just mean airgun makers!
It's like a good investment and life is short, you should enjoy it while you can.
That's a set phrase that I can easily use to always justify purchases related to this hobby 😂

Was checking out his website last night, really leaning toward ordering a 20 fpe rifle from him for FT. Not a "need" (the Wolverine I used this year is fantastic) so have been waffling... but you may have given me the nudge I needed 😁.

Greg, just make sure he understands you don't want the new "Air Force RAW or what ever they call it now!! Believe me they "Ain't The Same Animal" Ive had them both!! And I still have the Old (REAL one) !! NOT the new one from Air Force. NO comparison!! You want the TM1000 model J.L.

Greg, just make sure he understands you don't want the new "Air Force RAW or what ever they call it now!! Believe me they "Ain't The Same Animal" Ive had them both!! And I still have the Old (REAL one) !! NOT the new one from Air Force. NO comparison!! You want the TM1000 model J.L.
Thanks Jeff! I value your advice- will definitely speak with him on the phone & let him know it's the original I'm after.

Reactions: whitefox545
I must disagree wolfman, the AirForce guns are absolutely no different!, actually the machining tolerances are probably better they have newer multi axis machining centers and secondly every gun goes to Martin for inspection and tuning.

I’ve owned several RAW’s PRE and after AirForce both TM-BM and HMX series no difference in accuracy or fit and finish! ( stocks are ugly but more versatile ) I’ve talked to Martin and Sandra many times on the phone and both over the years have been very helpful and informative.

If you have had problems with your particular gun PRE or AFTER then talk to AirForce or Martin they will help you out, and by the way you will be able to talk to Martin personally and he does return calls.

It may be moot point- it appears RAW/AirForce no longer offer the TM1000, or anything in .177 for that matter. Seems that going though Martin is the only way to get a new one. Not opposed to buying used, but suspect it might be a long wait for one to pop up.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong about the current offerings, definitely don't want to put bad info into circulation.

It may be moot point- it appears RAW/AirForce no longer offer the TM1000, or anything in .177 for that matter. Seems that going though Martin is the only way to get a new one. Not opposed to buying used, but suspect it might be a long wait for one to pop up.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong about the current offerings, definitely don't want to put bad info into circulation.
Yes they list the TM1000 available on the web site, but all are special order (actually I think every rifle is). But you are correct that they don't show 177 available. Perhaps by special order?

Reactions: wolfmangreg

Greg, I've had them both and I ASSURE you they ain't the same!! The triggers on the old ones are much better for one thing. I had them both and got rid of the Air force one as fast as I could as it didn't do anything as well as the old one, not trying to be argumentative just saying what my experience was. Take it for what its worth. If you can get Martin to build a TM1000 for you do that, Hopefully it will be the old style action. Doug Cunningham bought one off of Martin that was soposed to be the last one he had parts left over to build from, about a year after Air Force bought the company from him and it was exactly like the old one I have except it is the 12 ft. lb. Tm1000 in a benchrest stock. It shoots lights out and the trigger is a superb,1.5 oz.. Others I know have the newer ones and I can't say I have seen any of them post a real good score yet at a F/T match with one? Of course your results may vary? Have a great Holiday Greg!! See you in the spring!! J.L.

I had an issue today where I could not close the bolt on my RAW TM 1000x built by Martin. It was an operator malfunction and no fault of the rifle. Via texting Martin asked for pictures and took the time to walk this novice through the fix. It made my day. I highly recommend Martin and his product. I don't think it can get any better.
Try that with fx customer support lol