• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airgun Storage

Since I have not been shooting for a couple of months I started wondering what would be the best way to store an air rifle. Should you empty the air reservoir? Would that cause some deformation in the orings? Would it be best to keep about 50 bar in the reservoir? I have had them stored away for about two months now with 100 bar in the reservoir and no problems. They do hold the pressure pretty well. They are both Cricket Bullpups in 22 and 25 cals.

Thanks for the input. I usually keep mine as mentioned above at approx 100 bar. I think it would be better that way and maybe every now and then fire a round or two if you are not going to be shooting it very often. Willie14228, If the tank has some air pressure in it I would think the valve would be closed by the ambient pressure in which case you would have a closed system.